Author Topic: Peter Johnston or Johstone  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Philldw

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Johnston or Johstone
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 July 20 14:03 BST (UK) »
 Did anyone find a death record of Peter Johnston? I have tried & failed on S.P. David

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 July 20 16:03 BST (UK) »
No I have not either, but I came across the death of his wife, Jane Johnston in 1914, age 40, registered in Kildrummy. I have seen that she is named on her parents headstone along with her siblings. Could she be interred somewhere else with her husband?
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Philldw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 July 20 16:31 BST (UK) »
 Rosie, I have paid for the image on S.P & printed down the marriage between Peter Johnstone and Mary Adam 1887 Kemnay...the writing is awful but it shows Peters parents as William (?) Johnstone
 definitely not Peter as per the Jane Cruickshank marriage & mother Elizabeth Reid(?) not Elsie 
 Davidson.It needs (better than mine,even with magnification) sharper eyes to clarify.
 I cannot scan & attach due to copyright?  Any ideas? David 

Offline Philldw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 July 20 16:49 BST (UK) »
 Theres more. I can just decipher under the mothers name ' married to John Blackhall Farmer'
 Also something written under the word 'Batchelor'...which I cannot read..going to contact S.P to see if
 they can help...Thanks for your help! david     

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 July 20 18:05 BST (UK) »
David, I have just seen this marriage certificate on ancestry. Luckily I can manage to read it. The word under batchelor is illigitimate. It does say his mother is married to John Blackhall, farmer. Her surname is actually Third.  This is what I thought it would be, as Peter can be found in the 1871 census under the name of Peter Third.  His birth is also registered under that name.  I have already bought a copy of that certificate as I was researching the Thirds at one point.  His mother was Eliza Third. Hope this helps,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Philldw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 July 20 18:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much! So, the Kenmay marriage is not of the Peter Johnston to his first wife I am looking for.
Back to the drawing board! David

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 04 July 20 18:51 BST (UK) »
Birth for Peter Third
5 September 1868
Old Deer Aberdeenshire
Mother Elspet Third

I don't think his mother was married ..I might be wrong
Peter is with his Grandmother on the 1871 Census Ann Third
Elspet can be found on other census record occupation dairy maid

There is a death for a Elspet Third 1917 Peterhead age 69 years old which would give her birth year as 1848 ..She is not recorded under any other name

Birth for Elspet Third 14/1/1848 Old Deer
Father Peter Third
Mother Anne McGregor

Might be worth getting the death to see what it says

Rosie

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 July 20 19:00 BST (UK) »
Might be better to get the birth record for their son Peter Johnstone 1888 Kemney that will give you the date of the parents marriage

Rosie

Offline Philldw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 July 20 19:16 BST (UK) »
 I have gone back to the marriage cert for Peter Johnston to Jane Cruickshank.
 Under the mothers name are some initials and the word 'Third' ! Yes, it looks like Peter Third & Peter Johnston are one & the same.  A copy of his birth record confirms his illigitimatcy.
 Was his father Peter Johnston or William Johnston..who knows! So, the marriage in Kenmay to Mary Adam is the correct one. Thanks everyone for your time & patience on this posting. David