Author Topic: Tynemouth & Whitley Bay Books of Remembrance Online  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tynemouth & Whitley Bay Books of Remembrance Online
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 July 20 17:54 BST (UK) »
https://issuu.com/ntcouncilteam/docs
the link RTL posted which is Tyemouth Crematorium Book of Remembrance.

NoseyBoo wondered why the folder for 8th April to 18th May was duplicated and I have had a firkle.
PLEASE note that one has 82 images and the other only has 80.
The discrepancy is with 14th April - 2 pages missed from the 80 page folder,
So if anyone is going to search I'd advise choosing the folder with 82 images.

As an aside I have started typing up a name index.
Just a basic one to help people see IF there is a relative in the Book without going through every page.
date of the page, surname, first name, and will include year born and year died - IF the entry has the dates  -  it depends what the family chose to put in. ( I got moaned at royally for not including dates when I did Saltwell and Birtley - but I am not going back and re-doing those)

Will post a link when I have done this folder  holding breath not an option , it will take a while :-)

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 July 20 18:14 BST (UK) »
That is very good of you Boo to do such a service for people!  No doubt this work will be greatly appreciated by many further down the line.  When the office reopens I could ask about the missing pages, not to complain of course, but just to enquire .. they may not be aware of a discrepancy that you have spotted.

I can't believe that you got 'moaned at royally' about your Saltwell and Birtley work.  You gave a free service and in my opinion people should be grateful you devoted your time, dates or not.  If they have names they can chase up the dates themselves.

Thank you from me anyway for this work you have decided to undertake. I know it will take a long time but it will be worth a wait for many family historians around the world who have ancestors who are recorded here. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 July 20 20:57 BST (UK) »
No need to enquire about missing pages RTL, they 'are' there in one of the folders just not in the other
duplicate folder. As long as people use the folder that has 82 images from 8th April to 18th May they will see all the images/ days in the book.

and doing the name index is basically for me, once I have done it I can't for the life of me think of any reason not to share.
Okay I got moans about lack of dates on the others but there were so few in the books for those crems I didn't see much use for them.
I did those originally as I had many folk where I only knew  year and quarter for death - the name index saved me lots of time in the end as once done I could look up the surname, go to the relevant page to see IF that name may be one of mine.
Others are always welcome to anything I have done, if it doesn't suit then no harm done and no sleep lost here :-)

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 July 20 21:24 BST (UK) »
Oh well, that's alright then if the missing pages are there somewhere.  I won't enquire.
I must say I do admire the calligraphy work and pictorial embellishments in these remembrance books.  What impressive work by the calligraphers!

It is marvelous that you are doing so much for the benefit of others Boo. Eventually - no rush - it will be interesting to see your name index work from these remembrance pages.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner