Author Topic: Catholic Parish Records Question - Daly Family of WestMeath  (Read 1368 times)

Offline LAW1221

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catholic Parish Records Question - Daly Family of WestMeath
« on: Tuesday 07 July 20 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
Was hoping for some advice and/or assistance pointing me in the correct direction.  While searching for my great grandfather, I found his birth record both in the civil records and in the Catholic records for WestMeath / Moate.  From those, I found my great, great grandfather's birth records in the Catholic records for WestMeath / Moate.  His name was Michael Daly and he was born April 13, 1845.  His parents are listed as James Daly and Winifred Flynn.  I thought that logically, James and Winifred's marriage would most likely also be in the Catholic records for WestMeath/Moate...and even though I don't know the year, I searched from 1845 back to 1830 which is the earliest marriage record online for that parish.  Although I find it hard to believe that their marriage was as earlier than 1830, I can't locate them.  My next search with be for siblings of Michael before and after his birth in 1845.  Regardless, my question is...where to now?  Am I at the point where I'd have to visit in person?  I know from research that some parishes have much earlier records (online at least).  Thanks in advance for any advice!
Laura

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Parish Records Question - Daly Family of WestMeath
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 17:03 BST (UK) »
Using Ancestry index search, there are other baptisms - Latin:

Mariam 27th June 1835 - parents Jacobi Daly, Winfred Flynn

Jacobum 17th July 1842 parents Jacobi Daly, Winfred Flyn

You would imagine others in between but at least you can go back to 1835 to search a marriage
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 17:09 BST (UK) »
All known records for Moate
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0174&parish=Moate
Marriages usually happen in the bride's parish so if the marriage isn't in Moate than it's worth trying surrounding parishes.

Offline LAW1221

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 17:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you both!!