Author Topic: Eye tests & birthday cards!  (Read 806 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eye tests & birthday cards!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 17:14 BST (UK) »
Jill, is there no pharmacy within walking distance? I may have to go into town for a prescription. Haven't been to town-centre or on public transport for 4 and-a-half months. I want to collect prescriptions from pharmacy in my neighbourhood. 
Cowban

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 17:23 BST (UK) »
  A lot of pharmacies do delivery services.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 17:35 BST (UK) »
No, not really much closer. Its usually handy because its in the same building as my GP and pretty much in the centre of town. Not that they're all that wonderful. They said NO point blank to my request for it to be delivered during the covid crisis. I don't know why I bothered asking really - I usually go by the old mantra: 'if you want something doing, do it yourself'!!

I hadn't been into town for quite a while either - certainly not whilst the face mask thing has been running. I felt absolutely miserable all the time I was out, no one was smiling (even without a mask) and I was so uncomfortable under that wretched mask that all I wanted to do was get home.

At this rate, we'll all become hermits and the government will fail miserably in their woeful efforts to try to get us to part with our money. I shall stick to online wherever possible.

Incidentally, I've been looking at that card website and it has all their cards on there - a bit more pricey than some of the other bland cards you get in shops but they ARE funny, and clever. I think Simon Drew must be an artist and also have a very good sense of humour. I noticed they have Christmas cards as well so I'll be ordering some of them to send to friends who will appreciate the humour (its lost on some!).
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 17:50 BST (UK) »

I hated the mask. As predicted, it kept steaming up my glasses

Another RootsChatter suggested smearing washing-up-liquid on lenses, then wiping it off. The famous brand I used is concentrated and I squirted too much on my specs. I'll use a different type in future. Worn tea-towel face-coverings twice for short periods to visit local shops.
Item on "PM" news programme about how people who are hard-of-hearing may be affected.
Cowban

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 18:48 BST (UK) »
My specs are supposed to be anti-misting but it doesn't seem to stop them. Sure enough, if I take them off, they de-steam rapidly but, as soon as I put them on again, they steam up again. Its slightly better if you wear your glasses just a little bit down your nose like a school marm!!

I'd thought about the deaf not being able to lip read with people wearing masks but no one in our illustrious government seems to have bothered about that.

I predict that this face mask fiasco will be over pretty soon as I'm convinced it will put people off shopping so will not achieve the result Boris & co are after. Its not our health they're worried about so much as our dosh!!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.