Author Topic: Didmarton Thomas Pool  (Read 963 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Didmarton Thomas Pool
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 01:09 BST (UK) »
Capetown
At the moment i am excited and full of hope of what information you have given me, it sounds so possible i will have to sit down and take everything in and get back to you.
So much information' if this family is mine i will not be able to thank you enough.
ochsenkopf

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 07:38 BST (UK) »
See what else I can find....  as you say, looks promising.

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 12:39 BST (UK) »
Ancestry Non-conformist Register

Gloucester, Calvinistic Methodist, Rodborough, The Tabernacle

Jabez - Son of Thomas & Margaret POOLE - (Thrup in the Parish of Stroud) - Born October 13th 1805 - Baptised February 7th 1806.

'Brimscombe and Thrupp - Wikipedia'

Brimscombe and Thrupp is a civil parish made up of two small linked villages in the narrow Frome Valley slightly southeast of Stroud, Gloucestershire, England.

Daniel says he was born in Brimscombe - so seems good!!

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 12:58 BST (UK) »

On Gloucestershire Genelogical Database - there is also another non-conformist family (quite a large number of POOL/POOLE's in the area.

Baptised 30 January 1861

Henery POOLE - father : James Henery and mother Sarah

Parish : Brimscombe.

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Pool
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 13:50 BST (UK) »
Here is Jabez and Daniel’s brother Samual’s wedding at Stroud 18 October 1827 to Sarah Vines, Widow, father James Collins.  Fortunately, Samuel names his father as Thomas Poole.

Samuel & Sarah POOLE were also in Barnsley and had (so far) - a Son : Samuel christened 7 April  1833 - (his baptism entry is on the opposite page to Jabez & Marie's son - Albert - christened - 5 August 1832.

There are 3 POOLE baptisms at Barnsley in 1834 - all next to each other

31 August - Ann - daughter of John & Hannah - Barnsley, labourer
14 September - Joseph - son of William & Maria - ditto
2 November - Adelaide - daughter of Jabez & Maria

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 July 20 03:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Capetown
Things are falling in place here and there ,first of all if i have the right Thomas Poole 1782 Minchinhampton marries Margaret Roberts 30/1/1803 at Stroud first child Samuel 15/11/1803 minchinhampton and Jabez at stroud living Thrupp that all faslls into place.
The Thomas Poole who is buried at Bourton on the Hill aged 53 [born 1780] is only 2 years difference of my Thomas 1782 who could have been born 1780 but there is that doubt why did Thomas move there and not with his relatives

Now the one i am really after is Daniel [John] Poole ca 1817- 1890 if this is my G/G/ Grandfather no wonder i have been looking for 25 years for him he has always said in Census that he was Born in Brimscombe which is not that far from Minchinhampton but nothing turned up for christenings etc. so finding his father Thomas was not easy but sometime back i did consider this Poole family but because of the names Jabez and Kezia and they not appearing in any of my Pooles names i completely dismissed them, I have now found that the names Margaret, Albert and Ellen are in both of Daniels sons families unlike the Barnsley Pooles my Pooles  were in Chalford Hill, France Lynch and Poulton. Strange as it seems Margret the first child born to Daniel's son was at Bisley where Jabez Poole married.
It is all looking very promising and my thanks goes out to you for especially the info on Daniel Poole not to say that i did not appreciate advise and help from those other good people.
I now need to work a little harder on bringing them all together so i have no doubts and oce again a big thank you.

ochsenkopf 

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 July 20 04:02 BST (UK) »

Hello Capetown
While finishing off my reply to you i had just noticed all this other information that you have given me it is a little over whelming of how much. For years it was so much easier to follow up and find a lot on the internet but things have tightened up and not so much without paying for it but after all those years of researching i found out that our surname was not the right one and the name should have been Poole because my G/Grandfather George  married under the name of his mother and also died under her surname being illegitimate he stuck to it but he did also register under the name Poole just to confuse thing like his father did.
You have done me such a service and really gone out of you way, thanks is nowhere good enough but that is all i can offer.

ochsenkopf 

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 23 July 20 07:58 BST (UK) »
Glad to help.  Am sure my x grandparents who lived in the same very small community as yours,  knew each other.  It was very common to have an 'Alias' surname .... which went through the generations, my x Grandmother did.