Author Topic: Following guidelines  (Read 919 times)

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Following guidelines
« on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hubby went out for a drink with his cousin yesterday to celebrate his birthday. I asked how it went when  he got home what he had to do. He didn't have to phone to book to go in any pub. He didn't have to leave his name or phone number and he agreed that once alcohol was consumed in large quantities all social distancing went out the window.

So the government advice is not being followed. If he has contracted anything they have no way of tracing the individuals if they need to.

I'll stay at home and continue to garden and work on my family tree
Regards
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Following guidelines
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 July 20 12:20 BST (UK) »
I can understand that feeling Panda.  I went to my local supermarket with my daughter yesterday.  There was a mix of people wearing masks and not wearing them.  Social distancing didn't seem to be being well observed, just in pockets.

Although it isn't mandatory to wear face masks in shops until 24th July, I think I will stick to having my groceries delivered.  I just went out for the change of scenery having been isolating since lock down.  Got to admit I didn't feel comfortable in the supermarket.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 July 20 12:34 BST (UK) »
I believe the giving of name/address/contact info is not mandatory, the establishment cannot require it and even if given it does not need to be verified by the establishment.  Neither do they have any duty to follow it up.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 July 20 10:06 BST (UK) »
  I thought the face mask wearing in shops came in today - what is so special about Friday 24th of July? ??? No wonder people are baffled.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 July 20 10:15 BST (UK) »
  I thought the face mask wearing in shops came in today - what is so special about Friday 24th of July? ??? No wonder people are baffled.

I believe that the idea was to give people time to get masks.  If it was really important, I would have thought that face-coverings would have been brought in immediately and masks as soon as available.

Regards 

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline Crumblie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 July 20 10:47 BST (UK) »
I have been in a local Sainburys this morning and all the staff were wearing them in total contrast to the customers.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 July 20 10:54 BST (UK) »
what is so special about Friday 24th of July?
It will be my birthday......

I agree that adherence to advice is very patchy. In my village, shops have put in a lot of work & thought to how they operate safely BUT one way systems put in by Co-op are not followed & in Lidl
there is very little social distancing. Most of the small shops have one in one out which is adhered to & good - until you have to queue outside in the rain! I have been to 2 pub gardens but I have no desire to go inside one. Will be having an outdoor or garage birthday get-together with careful neighbours.

Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 July 20 11:10 BST (UK) »
  The two village shops I use do have good "one in, one out" systems, but I do wonder how we will manage the queues when the weather turns. We have been lucky so far in that respect. I wondered about using the front area of the neighbouring village hall for the queue, but someone said it would probably involve a lot of extra cleaning!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 July 20 13:18 BST (UK) »
According to the BBC website the other day, plastic face shields are acceptable 'face coverings' for those who cannot wear a mask. My daughter's friend has a 3D printer & he gave her several, although she had sewn masks by hand for her family. Apparently the shields are very cheap - a lot of high school technology departments have been producing them to help with the PPE shortage.
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area