Author Topic: Diary > Friday 24th July  (Read 1174 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 24th July
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 July 20 09:55 BST (UK) »
I am so glad it was not your time to go Louisa Maud and you can still be here with us.

Mowsehowse, that is fantastic that you spotted the plight of the sparrows and a rescue was made! :D

PharmaT - you have as much right as anyone who can afford it to spend money.  Spending likely saves jobs and as well as boosts the economy these days.  Your spending was all practical too.

Caroline - You pack so much into your days as well as doing all the sewing.  Although it will never be known perhaps your work will save a number of lives just as people who knitted socks for servicemen in the Great War and saved feet and lives and kept families together.  WW1 and WW2 are interests of mine and I often find myself making comparisons between then and now.

Viktoria, I hope you enjoyed your programme and any tears were of happy reminiscence.  You really should write a book you know, especially about your experiences during the war.  I am sure it would be a best seller. 

I didn't mind too much about having to get that additional bus - I was in a good mood then anticipating a day off ahead. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 July 20 11:42 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, than you for your cheering words, you don't seem unsympathetic at all, your sense of humour shows through and is a great help. The trouble with my neighbour is that she's so incredibly nosy, when she was friendly with me she always wanted to know the far end of everything and she actually told me some quite serious things about other neighbours that she'd been sworn to secrecy about. At least I can count myself lucky that she doesn't have any knowledge now of my life that she can gossip about. Shame I can't bring a man home to give her something to talk about.  ;) :D

PharmaT, your expenditure is hardly frivolous, all necessary from what you've said so absolutely no need to feel bad about it.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 July 20 13:26 BST (UK) »
Oh I know people like that, my sister being one!
Tell her something and she wants chapter and verse and  doesn’t hesitate  to give a very critical opinion, I tell her practically nothing nowadays.
I could say so much about her children,but can’t  be bothered .
I never forget how she tried to get me to give up my boyfriend ,OK, he was a bit controlling but he was 22 and serious I was 16 and daft.

I could have anything I  wanted throughout our life together ,( did draw the line at an Irish Wolfhound,but I did  get a Setter )let me  have  my way about almost everything and the children adored his quiet non critical presence .
All he said to my daughter once ,supposed to be at Guides, but had gone to the Youth club ,so not at Guides when he went to walk her home .
All he needed to say was “ Well you have disappointed me ,all we want is your safety ,we need to know where you are,” oh my gosh floods of tears .
Her husband was an egotist and made no bones about the fact that  he was annoyed his daughter did better than his son ,and  he a Headteacher!

Well Roobarb, she will be stewing in her own juice if she can’t find out things about you,like the cannabis farm in your attic etc.
When possible buy cheaply some men’s clothing from a charity shop and hang them on the line ,next to yours to make it worse! Shocking!
She will draw the wrong conclusion ,so that is when you make a scarecrow and put it facing in her direction .
Eee! I could make trouble in an empty shop!
If she asks ,say “I knew you would be asking “ BUT ,don’t say any more .
Leave it there ,she may get the point .
Oh aren’t some people the very limit !
Well done all of you , and a lucky escape !
I crossed the road to post a card ,it wasn’t really busy ,but there  were  cars etc coming at me in both directions on both sides of the road at once ,all at the same time together. :o
Cheerio ,the programme was lovely but not much of the little hamlet where I lived which was on the mine site - which was where we played ,a fantastic playground .
Suffolk punch is having a foal, Adam’s mare.
Proper cheerio now, Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 July 20 19:45 BST (UK) »

Well Roobarb, she will be stewing in her own juice if she can’t find out things about you,like the cannabis farm in your attic etc.

Aaagh, I've been rumbled!!  ;)  ;D

You made me laugh out loud Viktoria.   ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales