Author Topic: StoryScout - New feature on ancestry.com  (Read 2988 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: StoryScout - New feature on ancestry.com
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 August 20 16:54 BST (UK) »
Another update.

Getting rather tired of having to log in to Ancestry.com to see StoryScout i sent them a message asking why it was not available on Ancestry.co.uk. This is the reply i got

"Thank you for contacting Ancestry in regards to accessing StoryScout.

We do apologize for any confusion this may have caused and are happy to help. We understand that you are able to access Storyscout on the US site but not on the UK site. Unfortunately StoryScout is still a new feature we are testing out and is currently only available to US members. Hopefully this will be something we offer to our international customers in the future and we will definitely leave feedback on your behalf."

So who knows maybe we will get it in the future on Ancestry.co.uk
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 August 20 17:05 BST (UK) »
.... but are we sure we really want it?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline UK4753

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 August 20 01:03 BST (UK) »
I am disappointed as well.  My maternal line goes back 400 years in the USA and they came up with nothing i didn't already have.  My paternal line goes back 170 years in the USA (immigrated from UK); again, there was almost nothing new.

Ancestry did include some period pictures of the times, which are worthless.

:(
Wiltshire: JONES, BANKS
Yorkshire: FEVERS, SCALES
Kent:  RUMLEY, NIGH
London:  HUGHES, NIGHTINGALE

Offline niceonept

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 04 September 20 15:47 BST (UK) »
Gimmicky nonsense that invents stories about your British relatives, placing them in the USA.
Clearly aimed only at US nationals.