Author Topic: George Rush baptism  (Read 515 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
George Rush baptism
« on: Monday 10 August 20 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I’m looking for a baptism for George, reportedly the son of John Rush. His mother was definitely named Rebecca. He appears to have been born in Chadwell St. Mary around 1817. If he is the illegitimate son of Rebecca Rush, and that is her unmarried name, she appears to have been born c. 1779 in ‘Langley’. I’m not sure exactly where this is, as Chadwell St. Mary is right in the south of Essex. If anyone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Rush baptism
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 August 20 21:39 BST (UK) »
Baptism at Chadwell St Mary
7 June 1817
George
parents John + Rebecca Rush
abode Chadwell
father a Labourer

BT is on FamilySearch
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YSLC-9HK

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 August 20 21:44 BST (UK) »
Brilliants, thanks! Can you find a wedding for the two of them? I expect it could be as early as 1800. Also looking for the baptism of Rebecca Rush, who married in 1831 so she was probably born quite a bit earlier. Also John appears to have died between then and December 1818, if you can find his burial I’d be much obliged.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 August 20 22:03 BST (UK) »
There's a John Rush buried at Chadwell St Mary, 4 Sep 1817, age 35.

Rebecca Rush married Joseph Groves in 1831 in Chadwell, and according to the census was born Enfield circa 1805?

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 August 20 22:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks! And I wasn’t aware of that, should be able to find the baptism myself.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 August 20 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hope you find it!
We did look at some of this before, widowed Rebecca Rush married Benjamin Smith in Chadwell St Mary in 1818.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YSLC-9ZR?i=1001

It was all very complicated :(
Enfield came up!
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=793082

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 August 20 22:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, I’d been reviewing it all earlier. Only big piece missing is the marriage of John and Rebecca Rush. Benjamin Smith is totally hopeless ;D

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 10:03 BST (UK) »
Can anyone please try and find for me the baptism of John Rush in Orsett (or possibly Chadwell St. Mary) around 1810? He married Sarah, and I can see they had a number of children on the 1851 Census, the youngest being Emma, born c. 1850. Frustratingly the GRO website won’t load for me; could anyone please find the mother’s name and try to find a marriage there too?

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 12:39 BST (UK) »
Registered Orsett
Emma Rash? mothers maiden name Freeman, March quarter 1851

her sister Jane Rash? 1848 same mothers maiden name

ADDED
John Rush married Sarah Freeman 27 July 1834 Chadwell St. Mary