Author Topic: Henry Leeson of Packington  (Read 963 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Leeson of Packington
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 August 20 10:45 BST (UK) »
Let us know hat happens in the Archives when they reopen.

I looked for Joseph Leeson also with no luck.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline judypur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 August 20 08:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,

I've emailed the form for the bastardy bond so will just have to wait for the records office to open now.

In the meantime, I think Jane Leeson married John Willson and 5 more children.  On the 1841 census she is living in St Margaret with 4 of them and the two older ones are brickmakers (which is what my Henry is, so that is perhaps a little more circumstantial evidence this could be the right family).   

Will let you know what the bastardy bonds says once the records office opens.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 August 20 10:31 BST (UK) »
Good luck :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline judypur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 16:04 BST (UK) »
The bastardy bond was received today for Jane Leeson. She named the father of the child she had, born on the 1 Jan 1815, as Henry Watson.  Unfortunately she did not list the name of the child on the bond.

The baptism of Joseph Leeson born to Jane Leeson was on the 4 Jan 1815 in Packington, so this matches the birth date listed.  Jane later married John Willson 5 years later and had other children, the boys were brickmakers, an occupation that the Henry Leeson I am researching also had.  As for a Joseph Leeson, I have not conclusively found one that fits, hence the doubt if his name was correctly recorded.

Unfortunately the documents I have all show the Henry I am looking for a as born 1815 but none has the exact birthdate.  If it was proved that Henry was born on the 1 Jan then I would assume that the name on the baptism was an error.  However, without that proof, it is a theory.

Thanks everyone for their help to date.