Author Topic: Birth Record, William Evans  (Read 848 times)

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Record, William Evans
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 August 20 08:57 BST (UK) »
 On FindMyPast I have found them in '61 transcribed as
William Conna, Head, Marr, 51, Collier, born Llanddaniel
Susan Conna, Wife, Marr, 38, born Holyhead
Ellen Conna, Dau, 13, born Llanfihangel Esc
Address - 1 Morfa Mawr, LLlanfihangel Esceifiog

The surname should read Evans and Ellen's age should read 1 not 10!! William's age, 51 (born c.1810) is correctly transcribed. Hence the value of providing a Census reference.

Susanah Evans and Ellin are at the same address in '71 but puzzled by Susannah describing herself as "Formerly Ag Lab wife"? As mentioned in my previous post I have found a William Evans, born 1802, Llanddaniefab - occupation Cowman.

Ordering marriage cert - have you clicked on "Place an Order"? You will need Volume and Page Number. There is no guarantee the marriage cert will deliver William's father's details (eg. deceased or William base born)

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 August 20 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You may wish to consider buying the certificate from North Wales BMD - this shows it was a civil marriage in Bangor - their reference BAN/5/E56 - it may be quicker than waiting for GRO.

Web site - www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/marriage search

Alan

Offline donnap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 August 20 13:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Al, I really appreciate it, I'm in Australia so I need an online search and order.
When I open GRO I click 'search the GRO indexes' to find the vol and page number, but it doesn't offer to search for marriages, only searches births and deaths. I assumed I needed that number to order, thanks Hanes, I was navigating around in circles (in marriage and civil partnership tab).
The age of William Evans varies from census to census, I assumed it was due to rounding the ages. In '41 he was 35 yrs (born 1806), '51 he was 49 yrs (born 1802) and in '61 he's only aged 2 yrs from previous census, he was 51yrs (born 1810).
I hadn't noticed 'formerly Ag Lab wife', thanks, the William Evans (cowman) that you mentioned does sound very interesting. Thanks again for looking, Donna

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 August 20 16:20 BST (UK) »

When I open GRO I click 'search the GRO indexes' to find the vol and page number,

Use FreeBMD to find the marriage record/info you need need - district, quarter, volume and page
https://freebmd.org.uk//cgi/search.pl

With this info go straight in to "Place an Order".

Offline donnap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 14 August 20 00:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Hanes, I really appreciate it

Offline Martine MEROU

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 August 23 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi everybody,
I'm a French genealogist and I purchase some members of EVANS family.
William Arthur EVANS X Phyllis GWYNNE Sept 1940 in merthyr tydfil ;  William got married a second time with Mary Romola Helena BULL in Malta in 1980; William died in weston super mare in 1985, on his will it's written that his heirs are his wife Mary Romola Helena EVANS and his son Richard Gwynne EVANS and Andrew Charles JONES his grandson.
I would like to contact Richard EVANS( born in 1944 in newport)  and Andrew JONES ( born in 1971 in newport).
Can someone help me ?
Many thanks for all,
Martine