Author Topic: Baptismal Records  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Patk

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Baptismal Records
« on: Thursday 25 August 05 06:03 BST (UK) »
There are unwanted BDM Certificates etc, but I am sure there are many people with baptismal records they have collected, which are not listed in LDS, and would be willing to share them in an appropriate forum, including wills, which one of the other Rootschatters suggested.
What do others think?
Pat
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bouncing Emails

Offline Taidquest

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Quo Fata Vocant
    • View Profile
Re: Baptismal Records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 September 06 08:49 BST (UK) »
hi pat,yes I agree,I have posted some owens and o'brien births
but I also have some medal cards for john owens(6)only one of which I think may be my grandfather and I am not sure if I can post these on rootschat
for someone elses benefit,seems such a waste otherwise,but I don't want to fall victim to the copyright rules.
                                                    regards.anne
<br />UK Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchive

Offline Patk

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Baptismal Records
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 06 00:15 BST (UK) »
Dear Anne

Having fallen foul of the copyright conditions on this forum, it is not something I would like to do again however innocently.

The medal cards are really another trap I think. But I take the view that you have paid out good money for these on the slimmest of evidence provided in the initial look ups by the National Archives, unless your soldier has an unusual name and you know his regimental number it is a guessing game to pick the right one, and frequently leaves you with expensive information that could be useful to someone else.

I do not know the answer, perhaps you could seek advice on this one before you post the names?
Not sure about baptisms/marriages,burial records either as often these are obtained at great expense via a researcher. Does a Church own the copyright or the diocese of the parish? And, what of those lucky people that live close to archived documents, like parish registers, they must amass massive amounts of information during there own searches, that is of no use to them, but very useful to other people when broken down into individual names.

So sorry I cannot help you really but it is good to hear from you.

Kind regards,
 Pat
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bouncing Emails