Author Topic: Diary > Monday 17th August  (Read 1457 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 17th August
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 20 August 20 20:07 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you could write and display a sign near the camera to the effect of that any vandals and trespassers will be recorded and evidence handed over - you will not be directing this specifically at her - so she surely can't complain to you but this might make her have second thoughts in future. 
You could add in writing that this includes trespass in or over garden and any damage or alteration to plants and trees by wilful action. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 20 August 20 20:55 BST (UK) »
As I stand with my back to the house, on our estate, it's the fence to our left that is ours to maintain according to the deeds.......
My daughter says as you do,but as it wa explained  to me ,of the eight houses ,The end two each own a full fence and must maintain their side of the party fences.
The other six own a fence but maintain their sides of their boundary fences
So myself and the end house down the road each have three sides to maintain ,of which we own one full fence and maintain our side of our thneighbour s’ fence.
Otherwise I own my Western  boundary fence and my Eastern boundary fence
So who maintains my neighbour’s side of my Eastern boundary,her or me?
The person the  other end of the road ,number 16,has his fence ( the very end one)and maintains both sides of it and maintains his side if number 14 ‘s fence.
I must ask though as if my very elderly neighbour ever leaves new people may be difficult .
Mind you, the Solicitors were rubbish about it all. !
I can well believe they were wrong .
Deeds are so sketchy ,I have them as I bought outright ,no mortgage.
Thanks very much.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 August 20 22:10 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you could write and display a sign near the camera to the effect of that any vandals and trespassers will be recorded and evidence handed over - you will not be directing this specifically at her - so she surely can't complain to you but this might make her have second thoughts in future. 
You could add in writing that this includes trespass in or over garden and any damage or alteration to plants and trees by wilful action.

The camera is in my bedroom window RTL. When I'd told a friend about her asking about the camera's range they said why was she looking in your bedroom window to hve spotted the camera??!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales