Author Topic: Richard Browne of Lawley  (Read 1090 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Browne of Lawley
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 August 20 04:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all and apologies I didn't understand that the part about Ric's heritage was at archives in Shropshire, separate from the other part that you said would be in Latin.  I am in touch with archives regularly in Shropshire having work done to make sure I am on the right track.   

Yes I do indeed have the will and all the various 'fights' litigation between family members post his death mainly - obtainable through British National Archives.  But it is great to see I can see all that through 'google books'. 

Thanks for the ideas around getting a picture of Lawley manor, I had done lots of googling but not found it. 

They seem to have been big on litigation back then. 

Thanks a zillion to you all
Bronwen
in the land of milk and honey AKA Aotearoa
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh

Offline gloveg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 22:47 GMT (UK) »
If you have not already been able to find a Browne Pedigree in Shropshire which mentions Richard Browne of Lawley, I have one. It is found in the Bigland Pedigree Index Vol VI p. 223.
I have quite a bit of information on this family which I have researched over the years, but my line comes through John Browne of Sowbatch, his brother. The Will of Richard's father, William Browne is found in the PCC Wills under Guilielmis Browne of Rodon(in) dated 8 Jan 1658 proved 13 July 1660. The Pedigree goes back another four generations to Sir Andrew Browne of the County of Cheshire.
Cheers, Gerelle Lovegrove.

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 March 22 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Kia ora Gerelle

Many many thanks, I do have lots of bits and bobs on the family.  George Colley & Jane Browne's marriage bond.  Richard Browne's will in latin and things.  I have now got the will you mention from archives but I couldn't see this -on-line: Bigland Pedigree Index Vol VI p. 223.  *

I haven't worked on that tree for some years, I am very busy trying to finalise the first quarter of the tree and get it to family this year.

nga mihi (best wishes)
Bronwen Summers
Aotearoa

* Moderator comment: edited to remove personal e-mail address in accordance with RootsChat general practice and guidance.  This is to prevent others abusing or spamming it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh