Author Topic: All Saints' Waterloo Rd, Haynford. Norfolk  (Read 1624 times)

Offline foxjohnstone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
All Saints' Waterloo Rd, Haynford. Norfolk
« on: Thursday 25 August 05 12:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks to the kindness of people on this site, I was able to find the church where an ancestor was the Reverend , and his wife was buried.
I am trying to find a picture of the church to put in my book which will be published at Christmas time.
Any help would be much appreciated

Gem
Researching the family of Matthew fox JOHNSTONE born Ireland 1832 , Served  in India from 1855 with the Royal Artillery.
 Matthew's 8 children and their families married into the following families in India;- ( Of Irish blood= Wheeler, Kenyon, Baker, Raynor, Fitzgerald-Uniacke, Fox), of Scotch blood = Gilmour, Balfour, Taylor, . Of un-known/British blood;- Rose, Matthews, Rae, Hicks-Beach, Jones,Swetenham, D'Aguilar, Boutflower, Gwyther.

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: All Saints' Waterloo Rd, Haynford. Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 05 20:18 BST (UK) »
norlink.norfolk.gov.uk

Go to "Picture Norfolk" and put in a keyword search for Haynford.  There you will see a drawing of the Church as it was about 1828.  I dont know about publishing but it is a lovely drawing.

I live in Norfolk and would be happy to take some photographs for you.  I would need to ask for petrol money and a little for my time though.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline EileenI

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Beatrice Ann Maud Burton 1890-1972 Hevingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 August 05 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Gem, There's some photos of this church on - norfolk Transcription Archive
 the Spelling is Hainford. click on parishes then Hainford.

Best regards Eileen
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"<br />From the village of HEVINGHAM Norfolk- Burton, Kemp, Sparks, Medler, Gibson, Palmer, Willimott, Allen, Abbs.<br />NORWICH- Iverson, Harvey, Cowling, Cork, Crowe, Curtis, Fisher, Fountain. NORFOLK, Abel, Chapman, Postle, Skeet, Woods.

Offline Onslow

• I have chosen not to receive any new updates on my posts
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 August 05 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Gem.
If you still need photos of All Saints church, Hainford i am in the
village most weeks and am more than happy to take some for you.
Ray.
Wright, Reynolds, Palgrave, Websdale
Bundell, Graver, Frewer, Harverson, Plumpton
Perriment, Cubitt, Batley all Norfolk/Suffolk