Author Topic: Personal website suggestions  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Personal website suggestions
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 August 20 10:13 BST (UK) »
So GOOD! Thunderous round of applause.
I am deeply impressed.
Clear and easy to read. Interesting and engaging.
Well done.

No wonder it is taking a long time to write up, but there is no rush probably. (And anyway, as fast as you think you have it all covered something else will emerge. Or at least it does for me!)

The banner heading "Wheldale England Family History" came all the way down the page as I was reading which probably shouldn't happen?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 August 20 15:46 BST (UK) »
Well done, it is simple and clear.   
Two comments one is you missed out 'name' which has already been picked up and the other is I found myself clicking on the picture to go into the tree, (instead of the title underneath) and I automatically did it for both trees, so it might be worth enabling the connection to the picture as well ( for us kinesthetic's out there)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 August 20 18:28 BST (UK) »
Well done, it is simple and clear.   
Two comments one is you missed out 'name' which has already been picked up and the other is I found myself clicking on the picture to go into the tree, (instead of the title underneath) and I automatically did it for both trees, so it might be worth enabling the connection to the picture as well ( for us kinesthetic's out there)

I also clicked on the picture, Iluleah!  So you're not alone, and that may be a good tip for Stanwix  ;)
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 August 20 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much to everyone who has replied since I last logged in. I will take all your advice on board, especially the tips about security and the thing with the floating title. That irritates me too, I'm sure I can find a way to stop it from happening. Will also look at seeing if I can find a way to make the tree and the images clickable. Thank you very much for the hint about the Ellis Island website, I wasn't aware of that site at all and that information is super useful and I don't doubt I'll use the site again for other family members.

Thank you also for all the kind comments.
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*