Author Topic: Diary - Thursday 27th August  (Read 797 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Thursday 27th August
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 August 20 22:26 BST (UK) »
Well folks, I could not wait any longer so phoned about my friend, her daughter answered.
She is the Health Visitor and with  her knowledge and experience a plan has evolved with the hospital which sounds marvellous.
She could vouch fit her brother’s skill and dedication as she trained him
She lives on the other side of the country  ,has four children ,two still at school.
On the basis that the pain from the fractured pelvis was so great ,and after an intensive
Intravenous( ?) course of anti - biotics for her chest infection ,then the repair  will be done done when breathing is better.
She had eaten a little and the family want her home ,she was born in the house she lives in and wants to die there.
Her son is by now an expert in caring ,did it for his Dad and his Mum after
Covid 19, and if all things go well will again.
Things are still very uncertain and she is very ill ,but no one expected her to regain consciousness ,or rather to be brought out of the induced coma.
Just hope she copes with the anaesthetic .
So thanks again for your kind concern, I feel doubly sad for Jeff , no good outcome for he and his family .
At least she has been conscious for a time and seen her son and daughter , no one is sure if she collapsed because she went into a coma or what but she was not conscious when her son ,who sleeps upstairs ,found her.
She must have let the safety rail on her bed down ,there was no need to get out of bed ,she has incontinence pads etc.Everything to hand and a soft light on , alarm handy etc
We will see. Can only wait now and hope the op goes well.
The family at least have seen her and all are agreed she must go home even if that shortens her life by a little time .
At first no one was allowed in to the A&E Dept where she was and  the family had visions of her dying alone ,which was upsetting for me so I can imagine
how her family felt.
Thanks again.
Had fresh Salmon for tea with new potatoes and some of the green beans my sister sent.They were lovely,I must phone to say that and let her know    about my friend .
No plans for tomorrow ,weather uncertain , so probably will settle to writing letters I have put off doing.
All is clear in The Power if Attorney documents but Solicitor advised it is so much easier if in my hand it is written to each of the children that I do not want resuscitating , or putting on a life support machine.
There will be no falling out if one wants to and others don’t etc.
 Not sure what to have tomorrow, got a ham joint in the freezer ,and some pork chops ,one of those perhaps ,the ham will be a good while defrosting .
Will bake I think, I like Victoria scones ,the old BeRo book ,vanilla flavour and a cherry on top of each quarter .
The recipe makes four rounds ,marked in quarters ,I give one round go next door and another to next door but one.
The eight quarters left will do me for a week ,I do try to keep sugar intake down.
Why are glacé cherries so dark nowadays?
They look burnt in top of cakes and the Victoria scones
Tesco coming on 1st Sept , yippee!
Yoghurts ,plain unsweetened ,so guilt free relatively speaking.

I must make a card for my friend, I have all the gear ,from when grandchildren were young and we  had them every school holiday .
Card ,glue, glitter, tissue in every colour you can imagine ,ribbons, D’oyleys
Paints etc etc.
Card cutter at the back of the cupboard ,but the A4 card when folded is bigger than the envelopes I have,so card cutter needed.
Cheerio folks, I am aware my friend is not out of danger yet but the plan worked out satisfies her family and that is most important.
A fair chance she will get home even if for only a short while.
Thanks again you have been so kind , it is good Jeff also felt he could tell us,
and I am so sorry his son did not get through.
That is very different to a ninety three year old ,very different.
Goodnight and hope you sleep well.
I will a do a bit better tonight .
I hope Jeff gets some sleep.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 August 20 22:56 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, very pleased that you've heard news of your friend, it must have been so difficult for you wondering what was happening. It must be a relief for you to hear that she's eaten a little, that's a good sign.I hope things go well for her.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 August 20 23:32 BST (UK) »
 Viktoria it must be a relief for you to at least have some idea as to what is happening to your dear friend and not left wondering which is always stressful.
It sounds like her family have put things in place that will be what they want for them all and she will be in her own home with her family around her. It is a difficult time for everyone.
As you say for Jeff it is a hard blow to loose a child, what ever age they are, it isn't the right order of how life should go and he's very brave posting on here on the day of the event...
Take care of yourself too and all your cooking tomorrow is going to keep you busy.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 August 20 12:06 BST (UK) »
Yes,trying not to get too optimistic ,but at least pain will be relieved and she has seen her family.
From watching programmes like 24 Hours in A&E,I am aware that big fractures cause heavy internal bleeding ,so a complex set of conditions.

Aren’t NHS personnel marvellous!

Foot loose and fancy free today ( what is new!)
Bright sunny morning but a very cool wind.

Son who moved due to difficult!!! - neighbours - will probably phone today .
Daughter always Monday evening plus emails .
Son in Bolton as and when but I see him every Friday when he brings fresh shopping.

So I will make my scones , prepare the veges for tea so not as much clearing up to do when I put the kitchen to bed .
Just in case burglars break in they can’t say “ What a scruffy place!”

The washing should dry well ,it will be dancing on the line !
Need more of Tesco’s very strong pegs ,I can add to my list for Tuesday until tonight .
No news really so cheerio for now .
Hope the rest of the day goes well whilst  thinking of others for whom this is a very sad time .
Such heartache .
Viktoria.