Author Topic: Norton Parish Records -JAMES HARRISON  (Read 1239 times)

Offline stagsman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Norton Parish Records -JAMES HARRISON
« on: Thursday 25 August 05 14:13 BST (UK) »
I have previously posted this request within a much longer thread on The Common Room without success, so with apologies to those who have seen this before, I am looking for information on James Harrison and Millicent who had 4 children in Greenhill/Norton between 1806 and 1811, Mary (1806), George (1808), Catherine (1810) and James (1811 or 12).

We have not been able to find any record of a marriage between James and Millicent in the Norton registers and no record of either death to explain why the regular production of offspring stopped. Presumably they moved away but probably not far as son George was married in Dronfield in 1826 to Hannah Barker and went on to live in Middle Handley from 1839 onwards.

Any further details relating to the family would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
Derbyshire - Crich/Godley/Harrison/Hopkinson/Hunloke/Hudson/Keeling/Leam/Plummer/Staton/Turner/ Wheatcroft
Essex - Jay
Kent - Cock/Coltham/Godden/Parks
London/Berkshire - Gearing
London/Middlesex - Briggs/Buckridge/Cash/ Gannaway/Gill/Sutton
London/Surrey - Cowell/Golder/Harper/Nye
Notts - Checkley/Snell
Sussex - Comber/Crouch
Yorkshire - Herrington/Roberts/Westby

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Norton Parish Records -JAMES HARRISON
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 05 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Stagsman

I have had a quick look on the IGI but havent found anything yet!

I take it you have all the census information for them and the children? and the birth details Etc?

If you havent I may be able to help!

Good luck in your search  ;)
Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline stagsman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Norton Parish Records -JAMES HARRISON
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 October 05 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan

I have christening (as opposed to birth) details from IGI for Mary, George, Catherine and James and I have census details for George and his family from 1851 onwards as that is my direct line.

I don't have birth, marriage or death details for James or Millicent and haven't yet checked 51 census records for the other children in case they hold any clues as to the origins of their parents so if you can provide any clues that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your interest.

Ian
Derbyshire - Crich/Godley/Harrison/Hopkinson/Hunloke/Hudson/Keeling/Leam/Plummer/Staton/Turner/ Wheatcroft
Essex - Jay
Kent - Cock/Coltham/Godden/Parks
London/Berkshire - Gearing
London/Middlesex - Briggs/Buckridge/Cash/ Gannaway/Gill/Sutton
London/Surrey - Cowell/Golder/Harper/Nye
Notts - Checkley/Snell
Sussex - Comber/Crouch
Yorkshire - Herrington/Roberts/Westby

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk