Author Topic: What happened to Joseph Johnston, after 1913, in Shankhill  (Read 1384 times)

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Joseph Johnston, after 1913, in Shankhill
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 November 20 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the Hawe connection was a great help. I wouldn't have this info if it wasn't for you. Thank you so very much.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 19:53 GMT (UK) »
John Johnston Hawe, born abt 1922, to William Hawe and Sarah Anne Johnston, reportedly died 1978 according to online info. I do not have his wife's name but he had a son John Cecil Hawe abt 1950 who died June 30, 1967 in the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast.
Can anyone confirm John's death, which might give his wife's name? Or find the birth of John Cecil Hawe? I have tried to order various certificates from Groni but there seems to be a disfunction between my card and the website. My credit card company says my card is fine. I tried to order the death record of Joseph Johnston of Jan 14, 1938 in Belfast. This has gone on for months and they do nothing about the issue.
Thanks for any help
Peggy

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 05 April 24 15:52 BST (UK) »
As mentioned earlier in this thread, Joseph Johnston is related to David Johnston because they married sisters. Joseph married Annie Moore and they both died on Wyndham Street in Belfast. David Johnston married Sarah Moore and they both died on Garden Street in Magherafelt. However, I have yet to determine if Joseph and David are related on the Johnston side. David died December 22, 1892 on Garden St., Magherafelt. I believe his father was John Johnston who died December 25, 1878 on Garden Street, as per Groni. I do not have a wife for John who I believe died before him. If there were a write up or a death notice for John, perhaps we could determine the names of his children or other relatives. John was a bookseller at the time of his death, and a David Johnston was present. I do not see a will for John on Proni. Even a death notice for David might mention his relationship to Joseph, other than brother-in-law.
Thanks for any help.
Peggy
Peggy