Author Topic: Diary - Monday 7th September  (Read 642 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday 7th September
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 01:56 BST (UK) »
Sorry, Roobarb, forgot to add that our afternoon tea will be on Saturday.   My sister still works (NHS receptionist) so any daytime events have to be over a weekend. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday 7th September
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 07:21 BST (UK) »
So many posts to catch up with! I must be slacking unlike Viktoria who is a whirling dervish with all this talk of shed clearing, seed collecting, moving furniture, putting up curtains... im exhausted just reading it all...
But good for you to keep so active and on the ball..
What a wonderful geasture from yourSiL inviting you for Christmas... something to look forward to and hopefully in the depths of Suffolk you'll be safe...nice for you to see them all to if you don't get the chance often..

Sometimes Annette it's hard to get motivated to do things...even I have times like that! Take a break have a rest and you come back refreshed...
Hope the tea went well and you enjoyed your outing...

Carol.. Always good to hear from across the pond! Sometimes I wish we could come and live in NZ but I'd miss my grandsons but would be nearer my son... life's not easy sometimes! Well done with your FH hope the Certs you've ordered bear fruit.

Roobarb - I don't know how I dragged myself out either... it was a definite shock to the system... it's ok going out early when I go shopping as I'm syked up for that but random events are very disconcerting to the system!
Your beach walk sounded lovely nothing nicer than hearing the sound of the sea and just take off your shoes and socks and walk along the shoreline... did that lots of times one late September when on holiday in North Devon one year...OH thought me bonkers but happy to carry my shoes, bless him!
really pleased to hear you're off out to lunch on Thursday I'm sure you'll enjoy the company and the change...

I've not heard much about the Manchester bombing evidence apart from only 1 ambulance for an hour quite shocking... the families must feel very let down by the services... but they never seem to learn from these mistakes do they....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK