Author Topic: Mysterious gathering in 1851  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious gathering in 1851
« Reply #45 on: Monday 21 September 20 13:27 BST (UK) »
W.F.Wakeman married in 25.3.1851 to Frances Mary Jordan, st mary's st denys and st george. Perhaps they were on their honeymoon
Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 21 September 20 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hello, I've not had enough time to track down all the guests of the Adelphi so I have no information on W.F.Wakeman.   Can you tell me anything else about him, occupation etc!?  Why would they have chosen Liverpool as a Honeymoon destination?
 There are just far too many Co-incidences surrounding the Wilsons with their connections to Wilsontown, Price's Candles, the William Wilson ship, the new factory on the Wirral and the new Model Village nearby as well as the large number of Solictors / Attorneys in the family especially throughout Lancashire not forgetting of course all those Merchants from around the world with connections to Candle-making substances, later Soaps & Oils.
Some of the Wilsons adopted the Extra surname of Ffrance from the wealthy benefactor of that name who had no children of his own to pass his legacy onto. 
I'm pursuing them to the nth degree because if my suspicions prove correct then my matrilineal name is NOT Cathcart, but WILSON.
Anything you know about your Mr.Wakeman will help rule him in or out, either way I would be grateful. cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 21 September 20 16:34 BST (UK) »
Ive just tracked them down using familysearch.org and he is a Commercial Traveller in Drapery.
He could be there to sell factory staff uniforms to Price's Candles.  Just guessing.  But that makes him a Merchant, like the others.
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.