Author Topic: Henry Family, Gateshead  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Family, Gateshead
« Reply #27 on: Monday 21 September 20 17:50 BST (UK) »
Just popped in to wonder about the black mark on the left side.  I first of all thought it was a tear - but I'm now wondering if it's an aspidistra leaf (or other pot plant)   as there are similar, smaller leaf-like marks around it.

Gadget

I thought it was a mark too, though aspidistras were very popular at that time. Heaven only knows why!

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 September 20 17:56 BST (UK) »
" it definitely looks like a leaf,"

Whatever it is, it's a distraction so I got shut ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

On this pic , is that a shadow of his glasses on his right cheek?  Do I remove it and destroy

historical evidence,  will I run out of Cornish Pasties before the next delivery, ??? ??? ???

These vital questions, and many more, may or may not be answered :o :o :o

Now back to mi' masts, spars and rigging :D :D :D :D

You be careful up that rigging! Its a long way down :-)

Thanks for giving John George a wash and brush up, a huge improvement and though its greatly appreciated I only posted it to see if anyone popped up and told me he doesn't look a bit like the boy in the first photo !  I am never sure if I am seeing a real resemblance or just wishing for one. Though in this case I really do think its the same person.

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 September 20 18:05 BST (UK) »
Pic. 2 1908-12 but you probably knew that already.

Thank you jim 1, hand in the air, guessing people's ages in on the long list of skills I don't have :-)  I could see he was a good few years older and guessed about ten years but could easily have been wrong. Good to get this confirmed, thanks again.

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 21 September 20 20:03 BST (UK) »
Just want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help today with both dating the photo and the lovely range of restores (I'll keep my open for any more that may appear, I know of at least one which I look forward to)

In the meantime, if I could request that Gadget and jim1 could shuffle up a bit because they need to make room at the top of my list of this week's favourite people for all the others who have helped and expended time and effort on my behalf. Its a virtual list, so you can snuggle up, no social distancing required.

Boo

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 September 20 21:27 BST (UK) »
I don't mind squashing up, Boo, but can you keep an eye on that Tomkin, please. He's spilt John Smiths all over my painting  ::)

I've not finished your Henrys yet but thought I'd put up a small version so that you can se that `i've not been shirking - I had to cook mr G's supper  ;D

Promise that I'll finish it tomorow

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 21 September 20 21:45 BST (UK) »
I don't mind squashing up, Boo, but can you keep an eye on that Tomkin, please. He's spilt John Smiths all over my painting  ::)

I've not finished your Henrys yet but thought I'd put up a small version so that you can se that `i've not been shirking - I had to cook mr G's supper  ;D

Promise that I'll finish it tomorow

Gadget

1 that is lovely, thank you Gadget, looking forward to the 'finished' version  -though struggling to see what else you possibly could do to improve that.

2 Sorry, I already have two 'children' in their 40s who STILL insist on shouting 'tell her, Mum'  every now and then, so I no longer take part in resolving squabbles, just shove up and sit next to jim1 who seems a sensible sort of lad

3 Tomkin if you can produce work as good as I have seen whilst being in a state where, up the rigging, you are 'spilling beer' (which is a concept I am unfamiliar with) please go on the wagon before I post my next plea for help as I am sure that, in a sober state, you can get the sitters to talk to me :-)

Boo

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 00:44 BST (UK) »
Back to Frank the Photographer the photograph taken by him of the ship the Mauritania built on the Tyne then leaving the Tyne on completion was taken in 1907. If that helps with your dates. I read the history of the Mauritania. On its way to the scrapyard in Scotland it paid a final visit to the Tyne for about one hour. Very sentimental.

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 09:17 BST (UK) »
       " Tomkin if you can produce work as good as I have seen whilst being in a state where, up the rigging, you are 'spilling beer' (which is a concept I am unfamiliar with) please go on the wagon before I post my next plea for help as I am sure that, in a sober state, you can get the sitters to talk to me :-) "

That's how you can tell Gadget is fibbing ::) ::) ::) The statement that I have spilt beer

has got my mates rolling around the floor in hysterics. Don't bother putting me on a list,

I'm not interested, just send me a case of JS's and a load of sausage rolls/cornish pasties. :D :D

and I'm anybody's ;D ;D Got to go, Chimney sweep has just arrived.

Offline bluedooo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 10:38 BST (UK) »
One from me