Author Topic: daniel thomas kelly b.1892 early C20 emigration, also his siblings and cousins  (Read 2509 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: daniel thomas kelly b.1892 early C20 emigration, also his siblings and cousins
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 10:09 BST (UK) »
Francis Patrick Richardson - 18 September 1912

Florida death index -    Francis Patrick Richardson - 18 September 1912 - 9 December 1978
Age at Death 66 - Martin, Florida, United States.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: daniel thomas kelly b.1892 early C20 emigration, also his siblings and cousins
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 10:14 BST (UK) »
Ontario Death- Edgar Patrick Anthony Richardson - 1918 - 24 April 1923 Simcoe Ontario.
Aged 5 years. Father Chas Richardson - mother Margaret Kelly.
Cause of Death Appendicitis - burial St Michaels Cemetery.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 10:15 BST (UK) »
FIND A GRAVE

Edgar Richardson 1918 - 1923

Saint Michael's Roman Catholic Cemetery (New)
Orillia, Simcoe County, Ontario.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/102727495/edgar-richardson

Lots of names on this headstone inscription. Daughter Helen Bako Richardson - 1920 - 2008

husband Stratis Bako 1918 - 1970 and a son George Bako - 1944 - 1952

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/102727495/edgar-richardson#view-photo=79153476

Sandra

Offline rihuggett

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 12:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra and RunKitty for all this info.  I had found a couple of things myself that you posted up.  Quite how Edgar's parents got into such a muddle with his middle names I don't know, form Edgar Thomas in the 1921 census to Edgar Patrick Anthony in the death return!  The memorial inscription shows other children (Jojo, Kathleen, Jackie - boy or girl?) likely to be children of Charles Richardson and wife Margaret, née Kelly but they don't come up in my familysearch, at least.  Jojo has to be John I would think. 

Then there are the Kelly children of Daniel Thomas and Ellen mentioned in the obit of their brother Desmond Thomas in 2004, Paddy, Thomas and John.  I have a John Peter died 1925 of 289 Jarvis (maybe James St) Orillia, informant his uncle Daniel MacDonald; but one of you, Sandra or RunKitty supplied vital dates for the baby boys as b and d. 1933 for Paddy; b and d.1931 for Thomas and b.1936 - d.1937 for John - where do these dates come from?  Daniel and Ellen may have been in Barrie by then?

Thanks for all your help - RH
Norfolk - Cory, Mills, Douglass, Dagless, Shingles, Burton
Surrey - Huggett, Butcher
Middlesex - Hassell, Spenceley, Millward, Mills, Barry, Kelly, Buckinger
Bucks - Chapman, North
Oxon - Pratt
Sussex - Butcher, Huggett

Offline rihuggett

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 20 October 20 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hello,
A great thank you to Sandra and RunKitty for their help in tracking Canadian Kelly relatives.  I found Daniel Thomas' brother John finally as John Patrick Kelly, several WW1 pages and a newspaper article of John Patrick, wife Sibyl and their descendants in the Toronto Star.  Need to track youngest brother Francis or Frank next.

One question mark remains: Daniel Thomas' wife Ellen aged 28 in 1921 was according to a correspondent on Ancestry a cousin of her husband's and they needed a dispensation from the Bishop to marry (in 1913 in the Wandsworth RD, South London; she married as Ellen Kelly on freebmd).  He knows nothing else about her.  Apart from 2 pages of Daniel Thomas (aka David; b.12/Oct/1892) Kelly's WW1 CEF attestation papers I have nothing on him which could shed light on his wife, place of marriage, children etc that I have been able to locate on Ancestry or FindMyPast.  Perhaps you might have better luck.  Certainly there is very little when compared to the vast amount on his brother John Patrick's WW1 career.  Why could that be?

I have a possible death for Ellen Kelly in 1971 aged c. 78, and burial at St Mary's Cemetery, Collingwood, Simcoe County, Ontario in that year (familysearch says no photo but a biographical note which I cannot open).  I have requested a photo form FindAGrave, but if you could hunt down any info on Ellen, perhaps an obituary which may give away her parentage that would be great.  I have a number of Ellen Kelly's that are possibles including one born 2 March 1893 and another who was my great aunt though born 5 years later (15/Jan/1898).
Thanks in advance for your help - RH
Bucks - Chapman, North
Oxon - Pratt

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 20 October 20 15:49 BST (UK) »
Glad your search is going well :) :)

I wasn't able to find an obit for Ellen Kelly d. 1971.  Pretty sure it must be her in the Collingwood Cemetery ... that is where her husband is buried.   Hopefully your findagrave request will provide you with a photo of the grave stone. 

RK

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hello rihuggett...

In your recent post you mentioned that you only had the 2 attestation pages for Daniel? This appears to be his complete military file, courtesy of Library and Archives Canada. It looks like he served in France. There are 82 pages altogether and it will be very slow to load.

https://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B5049-S048

Also, have you considered purchasing Daniel and Ellen's marriage cert to (hopefully) learn the name of Ellen's father? Witnesses might also be relevant. Should also give location.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline rihuggett

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 18:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Polar Bear for sending me the army docs for Daniel Kelly. 
I was able to fill some gaps in his army career.  No clue as to his 1913 marriage to Ellen in the Wandsworth RD.  I had hoped that as with British WW1 docs the date of marriage and children born (all this for military pension purposes) would be revealed.  You are quite right that the purchase of the marriage cert would solve the issue of her parentage.  I am holding out that FindMyPast will put online the marriage details as they have been digitizing RC baptisms, marriages and burials in Britain in the last year or so (this is how I have found his baptism) but no marriage found as yet, maybe they are doing things gradually.
Thanks again, RH.
Bucks - Chapman, North
Oxon - Pratt