Author Topic: Obituary of a cousin in Toronto  (Read 1593 times)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Obituary of a cousin in Toronto
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 October 20 17:19 BST (UK) »
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Lesleyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 October 20 18:12 BST (UK) »
Yes, he was a clerk and I think Maud was a typist. My father wrote on the photograph before sending them - there are several more - to my mother in Wales.

Thanks for all the information.  I'll look at it now.

Lesleyann

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 October 20 18:27 BST (UK) »
Sandra found the 1963 voters' list...Alexander and Maude are on Chine Cres.  In 1972, they are living on Niantic - with Shirley next door. 

RK

Offline Lesleyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 13:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  That's a great help because it shows that the argument over the house must have been before 1972. We last saw Alex and Maud when they visited Wales just after my marriage in 1971. They were unable to come to the wedding.

Lesleyann

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 16:07 BST (UK) »
Perhaps the disagreement is why Grant isn't buried near his parents and sister?   

Did Grant always live in or around the Toronto area?  Do you know where his wife was from?   Perhaps he is buried near her family??   

RK 

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 17:23 BST (UK) »
The family has been so frustrating to trace RK.  How reliable is the 2005 death date ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 17:49 BST (UK) »
There seems to be only 1 Grant Fisher in Toronto '50's-70's then again it might not be your cousin.  There are so many towns and adjoining cities he could have worked and lived anywhere.

1950 Salesman - Parkdale (lower west side of Toronto) in the 60's a real estate salesman living in Scarborough (far east end) living in a new housing area.  Then nothing.  If he was builders agent he could be outside of the metro area where a builder is putting in a new subdivision.

If he stayed in the Scarborough area as it expanded north then check the Scarborough Mirror and Scarborough Times for an obit.

Also contact the Agincourt Library and Civic Centre Branch for local newspapers and telephone directories that may not be available online from the cities main branch.

Toronto Real Estate Board may have an archive on agents at one time they did publish a directory.

Good luck, hope you find him.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.