Author Topic: Transfer of contacts from .vcf file on laptop to phone COMPLETED  (Read 267 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Transfer of contacts from .vcf file on laptop to phone COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 29 September 20 21:43 BST (UK) »
HELP!!

I have a new Android phone Motorola E6S. I used a Samsung Galaxy S3 for years which I loved but the constant not refusable updates have filled the storage space.

I exported the phone contacts from the Samsung to my laptop & they came over as a .vcf file. How can I upload these phone numbers to my contacts on the Motorola?

When I switched on the new phone it asked if I wanted to bring over my Google contacts - foolishly I said yes & it brought over all the email addresses from my googlemail account. So really I need to delete all the contacts presently on the new phone before I try to import the phone numbers.

Has anyone any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer of contacts from .vcf file on laptop to phone COMPLETED
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 September 20 08:50 BST (UK) »
Well after a struggle I managed itmy own way. I did delete all the email addresses first. WIth the phone cabled to the laptop I found an option to import a .vcf file but nowhere was there an opportunity to state where the file was. So I bluetoothed the .vcf file to the phone then although I couldn't, as I wanted, save it to 'my device' I was 'allowed' to add it to my googlemail account on the phone. This means that all my phone contacts are amongst the email address that got imported at the same time so I may to go through all the contacts & delete the email addresses. I am sure there must be an easier way but none of the online instructions stated how to do it. Ho Hum it'll pass away a few hours  ;D.

I hope I don't have to change my phone again for many more years. I possibly could have gone to the Carphone Warehouse shop [I bought the phone from them online] who I am sure would have helped but we are under local lockdown in Kirklees & I haven't ventured to nearest town Huddersfield, since February. It may have been easier if the old and new phones were the same make.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON