Author Topic: Pierre Richier with Prince William V in Kew 1795?  (Read 974 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pierre Richier with Prince William V in Kew 1795?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 October 20 18:51 BST (UK) »
The Dukes of Kent and Cumberland were sons of George 3rd.
The Duke of Kent was father of Queen Victoria. He was widely travelled, including postings in N. America during the war against France.
Duke of Cumberland was Victoria's uncle. The Duke of Cumberland served with Hanoverian forces during the war against France. He married a German princess, a relative of his mother. He became King of Hanover in 1837.
I wonder if "Prince Loffowitz" might have been Prince Leopold, husband of Princess Charlotte, daughter and only legitimate child of the Prince Regent and then 2nd in line to the British crown. Princess Charlotte was supposed to marry the Prince of Orange. Leopold's father was Duke of Saxe-Coburg. Albert of Saxe-Coburg, who married Queen Victoria was his nephew. Leopold became the first King of the Belgians. Leopold also got about a bit during his youth which coincided with the French wars. 
Cowban

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 October 20 19:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks, but I don't think any of this helps. The background is that the Royal Family were not happy at having to accommodate Prince William, and got rid of him as soon as possible. It is possible that Pierre went to work for someone else in England, but I am not yet convinced that this Richir was him.
Jennings (Somerset), Sievers (London and Netherlands), Richier (Netherlands & Germany), Chappuzeau(Germany),Garner (London) , Smith (Guernsey), Brand (London and Germany),  Burney (Liverpool & London), Oakley (Wales), Creek (Wales & Devon)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 October 20 12:56 BST (UK) »
No, I can see the index but don't have access to the will itself.

If you register on TNA website you can at the moment download this document free of charge
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_q=pierre+richir&_sd=&_ed=&_hb=
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 October 20 13:21 BST (UK) »
That's great thanks!
Jennings (Somerset), Sievers (London and Netherlands), Richier (Netherlands & Germany), Chappuzeau(Germany),Garner (London) , Smith (Guernsey), Brand (London and Germany),  Burney (Liverpool & London), Oakley (Wales), Creek (Wales & Devon)

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 October 20 14:22 BST (UK) »
I have managed to create an account, but keep getting this error
Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 October 20 15:01 BST (UK) »
Sorry I can't help with that.  It may be worth starting a new topic where someone with computer knowledge can help you

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 October 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
I am a computer consultant with 50 years' experience! (But I still need help from my sons sometimes).
The site is very poor in terms of user experience, and seems full of bugs. For example, when I am signed in, and try a new search it logs me out. The search screens themselves are confusing and poorly laid out. By contrast, the Amsterdam archives are easy.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 04 October 20 15:16 BST (UK) »
I would leave it until another day, I have just tried to sign in and it is really slow. 

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 October 20 15:34 BST (UK) »
persist pavane, I've just tried to sign in but I don't use the site regularly and it thwarted me so I created a new ID with a spare email address and after jumping through hoops managed to download the pdf file.  I wish you luck reading it though, the background to the writing is very smudgy.   I may be able to post a section of it ... watch this space ... cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.