Author Topic: Burial 1860 at Fiddler's Point N.S.W.  (Read 2895 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Burial 1860 at Fiddler's Point N.S.W.
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 04 October 20 06:04 BST (UK) »
More accounts of the accident. It was 3 miles from Kiamba. He was taken to Adams's Hotel - where was that?

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/5679818?searchTerm=%22albury%22%20coach%20accident5

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/111785433?searchTerm=%22albury%22%20coach%20accident

Three miles from Kyeamba ... steep hills, many creeks. 

Please do post any info from NSWBDM ... it is unusual for them to provide a deep search without charging a fee.  The newspaper findings would have been easily accessed by researchers going to the National Library or the NSW State Library decades ago, long before internet.  :) My living ancient rellies, former senior officers with NSWBDM eagerly await to hear how this progresses.

Wasn't going to order.... I am in communications already with NSWBMD's and we are trying to work this problem out, will ask them to check this record, I know burial day so maybe I can eliminate from that. They have all the proof of what I have so these two new news clipping will narrow it down further'
BMD's have been very helpful so far so fingers crossed.
I have 2 incorrect certificates for this death already fortunately back 2000 and 2004 so not as expensive as they are now. ???

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 04 October 20 06:08 BST (UK) »
NSW BDM has appointed official transcription agents .... there are 3 at present. Each  provides excellent service, well respected by all family history groups.  Much easier to conduct research when someone is professionally trained and very familiar with the handwriting scripts of the deputy registrars, and cheaper as well.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 04 October 20 06:46 BST (UK) »
 :) still one finger typing into tiny box.

Go to NSW archives ... Publicans ... look for Harry or Henry ADAMS who had a hotel about 10 miles west of Kyeamba for much of the 1850s into the 1860s.  ... Little Billabong Creek.   ;D

Thanks to one of my ancient rellies  :D looking from his armchair through online indexes  ;D

Add The Woolpack Inn a/or Australia Arms...

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 04 October 20 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, 

On the 1865 marriage image from Vic BDM,  what details re her widowhood (date etc) did Emma give?  Ref 1427/1865.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 04 October 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
Right,  watch my spelling ...

Historic civil parish maps,  ;D for NSW

Parish of Little BILLABUNG
County of Goulburn
Land district of ALBURY

On the main road from Kyeamba, South, to quite a few parcels of land for Alexander and John ROSS.

On western side of that main road  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 50 acres in name of Henry ADAMS, 

Lower Right hand corner A.O. map no. 113976 or perhaps 11396.  Goldfields maps.  (Hopefully that's enough to help my ancient rellies sort further...)

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 04 October 20 09:15 BST (UK) »
There is a burial ground immediately south of Henery ADAMS 50 acres.

Also on same map is Lunt's Vale Cemetery, formally dedicated 1873.

JM

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 04 October 20 09:32 BST (UK) »

JM
yes 23 march 1860

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 04 October 20 09:33 BST (UK) »
oops that didn't go where  intended it....lol    ???

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 05 October 20 01:54 BST (UK) »
Also, clearly noted burial ground on Edward DUNN's 50 acres (adjoining Henry ADAMS 50 acres) at the following AO Map 41659 at the LRS historic parish maps website.

Also
https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/about/environment/protecting-heritage/old-hume-highway/old-hume-hwy-home.html

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/about/environment/protecting-heritage/hume-highway-duplication/history-begins-with-a-road.pdf  (130 book, very detailed).  The section 9 covers from Tarcutta to Holbrook - so it includes Kyeamba and Little Billabong. pdf page numbers 92 - 93 have good details.

JM
yes 23 march 1860

So when Mrs Carr next married it was in Victoria.  That is very fortunate for family historians, for the Vic BDMs are amongst the most detailed in the world. Hopefully that m.c. will have details about her parentage and her own origins that may not be on her NSW BDM 1859 m.c.  So in 1865 she gave her widowhood had commenced 23 March 1860.  To me, there is no need to search further for a NSW death certificate for Patrick CARR.  I doubt that the Registrar General's Office processed any notification of it in 1860.  The newspaper reports plus the 1859 NSW marriage and the 1865 Vic marriage are more than sufficient to confirm that the Mr Carr who died as a result of that Mail Coach accident and taken to Mr Adams Hotel where he succumbed at around 10 pm 23 March 1860 is all the validation you need. 

JM