Author Topic: Wales to go into "firebreak"  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
Re: Wales to go into "firebreak"
« Reply #54 on: Friday 23 October 20 22:29 BST (UK) »
Had a message overnight on NHS app that mid Wales has moved from low risk to high. :o :(
Stay safe all.

I've seen no mention of that on any website with news about Wales. However, because we have now gone back into a lockdown, slightly less harsh, but not much, than the last one, it is somewhat irrelevant because hardly anyone can go anywhere.
Now it seems we are to be faced with other restrictions when this current one ends. The local county/town/city lockdowns will, apparently, not be reinstated. The WG is currently deciding what to do and, as I've already pointed out, we may have further such lockdowns after New Year  ............   Carry on - Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth .........
 :)

Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

guest189040

« Reply #55 on: Friday 23 October 20 22:40 BST (UK) »
I am descended from Owain Glyndwr's sister Lowri  according to the Griffiths Pedigrees

8) 8) 8)

PS - and I was a member of the Urdd

Hello Cousin.

My 20th Great Grandfather was Owain Glyndwr himself.

Via his Daughter Janet who married John de Croft then into the Strickland family.

Only 7% Welsh despite 150+ years on Monmouthshire ancestry.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 24 October 20 08:48 BST (UK) »
The person with the ultimate control over England was quite clear from the outset at the start of 2020....
"We will just have to take it on the chin that we will loose some of our loved ones before their time".

Job done.
Before he went off for a relaxing weekend, he couldn't even be bothered to impose a travel ban on tier 3 areas, to prevent them from holidaying and spreading the disease in areas which have not yet entered tier 3.

Not to worry, the whole of England will soon be classed as tier 3, which will save time and effort in preparing all those pretty maps.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 25 October 20 18:11 GMT (UK) »
  Just heard that the Wales first minister is not backing down over supermarkets only selling food. Good for him!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 25 October 20 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Yet again the reporter I saw said there was 'confusion' among the store owners  ::)  how is it confusing?  ??? 
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 25 October 20 19:30 GMT (UK) »
But it's not just food which supermarkets are allowed to sell, they are still able to sell alcohol. I find it odd that you cannot buy a bottle for a baby or, say, a kettle if yours has gone bang, but you can, should you so wish, buy every bottle of booze on display.
Yes, it is mainly common sense, as Mr Drakeford says, but some definition is required because non-essential can be subjective. As for confusion, there always seems to be some across the border so why can we not have some in Wales?.
Anyway, we are now all walking around naked in Wales - Mr Drakeford says  clothes are non-essential. Roll on summer.

Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 25 October 20 19:58 GMT (UK) »
But it's not just food which supermarkets are allowed to sell, they are still able to sell alcohol. I find it odd that you cannot buy a bottle for a baby or, say, a kettle if yours has gone bang, but you can, should you so wish, buy every bottle of booze on display

My kettle has done just that today!! Never mind, we`ll just booze ourselves stupid for 16 days !!

(Shhhhhh!, don`t drink!!!!)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 25 October 20 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 25 October 20 20:28 GMT (UK) »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54660888

:-X :-X :-X

I was aware of the story. It was a "convenience" they could hire portaloos for use on the English side of the border.
"Yma o hyd".