Author Topic: HAVERS, Suffolk, England  (Read 249 times)

Offline PNHAVERS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HAVERS, Suffolk, England
« on: Wednesday 28 October 20 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello all.
My name is Paul Havers.  My family is a farming family that has been based in Norfolk/ Suffolk for years and years.
I'm trying to see how far back I can get with this ancestor thing lol!!
I'm completely stuck at a   WILLIAM  married to MARY around the early 1730's.  I'm pretty sure they are both buried at Westhall, Suffolk  (William poss 1770,  and Mary poss  Nov 1775).
My family tree comes down from there (via their son JAMES .....  born in Westhall c1737,  died in Denham 1816).
I'm now looking at Havers (incl different spellings) branches from Bungay,  Ellingham,  Stowmarket, Beccles, Kirby Cane, and esp interested in the small branch at Wortwell (the church for Wortwell is Redenhall).

There is a huge branch of Havers in Norwich I know.  And some posts on geneology sites have tagged us onto them at this point .......  by saying that My WILLIAM's parents are   SAMUEL and ELIZABETH (born Rix).  They did indeed have a son born WILLIAM bapt. 1708.

So,  yes,   this COULD be my William.  But there is some evidence showing that that William died, and was buried less than a year later at St Paul's,  Norwich.

Can anyone help me please?    I realise this is a long shot, but,  you never know!

Paul   x 

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HAVERS, Suffolk, England
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 October 20 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!

If you really have only just started on researching your family history, then being back to the 1700's is pretty good going I would think.  The best way to start is with yourself, parents and grandparents, and then work back from there, maybe this is what you are doing! Best to check and double check as you go to make sure you have everything correct even if somebody else has already started the tree. Trees online can be helpful, but many are incorrect, and should not be followed without verification.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline PNHAVERS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HAVERS, Suffolk, England
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 October 20 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help.
It's not a new project,  and I had help along the way from other family members who spent hrs on it before me.
The other thing is,  farming families never move!  In my case for instance,  both family trees I'm looking at  (Havers and Wingfield) have only ever moved across 4 or 5 villages!!  Lol.  I suppose that often means that nothing very interesting will be found though.
Maybe that's why I cannot find the ancestors of my William and Mary?  Perhaps they came from afar??  (Norfolk)  Lol.
There 5 or 6 other branches of Havers/ Haves etc I'm trying to link us into.  The big one's are Norwich and Thelveton Hall.  Then there are Beccles, Stowmarket,  Redenhall,  Bungay etc.

I know I should've probably posted this with a link to Suffolk, but I'm not good with technology.  I couldn't work out how to!!

Paul