Author Topic: DIARY > SATURDAY 31st October.  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: DIARY > SATURDAY 31st October.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 November 20 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie - I couldn’t agree with you more regarding people flying in and out if the country and no testing etc... madness!

Sorry to hear about hail stone damage to your daughters car... happened years ago to friends caravan roof!
Must be interesting being involved in election counting... next door neighbour used to do that but not now as up till all hours very long days...
Not so good on social distancing though... good job it’s not in UK or US even! 😱

Roobarb- good to hear you’re still out walking despite wind, wet ground etc... you make me feel ashamed....
Think it’s been a lack lustre day for many...
Still bright and sunny today so not all bad!
Have a good one

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 November 20 10:26 GMT (UK) »
I hope your son fared OK in the storms Caroline. Everything I have seen on the news indicates most damage to the west, though there seemed to be some heavy storms in areas around the Bayside too.

Yes, my daughter is fully insured but there is the excess to pay of course. I feel so sad for her.

Reports of those who test positive are typically 0 community transmissions and a couple of returned travellers in hotel quarantine. If those two or three were let loose into the community it wouldn’t be long before he virus spread through the community.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 November 20 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Have just spotted this, having posted my diary on the other thread. Don't want to show any favouritism so replying here too before they're merged.  :)
Four rugby games? Dear me, I knew there had to be some benefits to living alone!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 November 20 11:06 GMT (UK) »
I hope your son fared OK in the storms Caroline. Everything I have seen on the news indicates most damage to the west, though there seemed to be some heavy storms in areas around the Bayside too.

Yes, my daughter is fully insured but there is the excess to pay of course. I feel so sad for her.

Reports of those who test positive are typically 0 community transmissions and a couple of returned travellers in hotel quarantine. If those two or three were let loose into the community it wouldn’t be long before he virus spread through the community.

Not spoken to my son since earlier in the week but sure they’ll batten down the hatches! So much for wall to wall sunshine in Brissy! A little joke we always have with him!
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 November 20 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes, there are you can watch the programmes you want when you want! Although he does find and record things for me....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 01 November 20 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Feel really down this morning, church closed for the forseable  future after getting back after the last lockdown, no remembrance Sunday, a streamed service at 10.45 next week,  our priests do their best, bless 'em, came away this morning and I think, everyone  was a bit down, BUT  we have to try to be upbeat

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 01 November 20 12:35 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure you would have heard if he had any damage Caroline.  :)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 01 November 20 16:15 GMT (UK) »
My sister just posted this (Sunday): 'This is sheer madness.   Supermarkets are out of toilet rolls, the roads are jammed with cars going to and fro to the supermarkets.   Hubby gave up trying to by decaffeinated tea bags of all things and ended up at local Premier having to pay through the nose for a small pack.  Listen people, there is enough of everything to go round if you use your common sense.   Did no one learn the first time around?'

Says it all, doesn't it?    Short answer - no they didn't learn.   Probably same people causing this who caused it back at the start of it all.

Yesterday was wet and windy - picked up my sister and drove to a retail park on outskirts of town to pick up an order from Smyths toys (only allowing you 2 days between order and collection).   Then went to B & M to get some things I wanted, then back to Jane's for a coffee.  Then to Argos to collect an item and home.   As expected, in lockdown again from Thursday.

Something out of freezer for dinner and evening spent watching TV and knitting.   Same old, same old.

Annette     

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 November 20 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Completely agree with you and your sister Annette, it is madness. There was a report in my local newspaper today of people queuing round the block for Primark. I really can't get my head around that, if we're all expected to stay at home, why the desperation for new clothes? Unless they're for Christmas presents.
Pleased you got your own orders collected okay.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales