Author Topic: Hannah Williams - 1805, Eardisland  (Read 777 times)

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Williams - 1805, Eardisland
« on: Sunday 01 November 20 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I've had the wrong parents in for a William Williams - enter Hannah Williams who had him illegitimately. Just looking for any more info on her. I imagine William Williams father is going to be impossible to find.

I have her birth in 1805 Eardisland, Herefordshire to William Williams and Susanna Jones.

William and Susanna also had 5 children together:

Ann Williams: 1795
William Williams: 1798
Thomas Williams: 1799
Susannah Williams: 1802
Hannah Williams: 1805

Hannah Williams had a William Williams in 1835 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. It marks no father and her occupation as a Single Woman. It marks her abode as Cheltenham late of Eardisland, Hereford.

No that's all I've managed to find on her.

In 1851. I find her son William Williams living with his uncle Thomas Williams in Cheltenham, Gloucesterhsire. He's a stable boy and his uncle a Stable Keeper.

William Williams married an Ellen Aulkin in 1861. In the 1861 Census there living together in Cheltenham, he's now a Stable Keeper Assistant and his uncle is living a few minutes away from him.

I have William in the 1871, 1881, 1891 census with Ellen and they also go on to have five children. And he dies in 1899, Cheltenham Gloucestershire.

I do not have him in the 1841 census. I have found his uncle Thomas and there not living together then.

I can't tell if Hannah married after she had him. If William is living with her in 1841 but under a different name? Or living with one of her other siblings?

So any info anyone can help me find on her life would be really great.

Thanks for reading.