Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 3rd November  (Read 784 times)

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 3rd November
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 November 20 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Carol - good to hear you’re able to get out shopping.... at least NZ is being proactive in sending out advice to people and ensuring those due to arrive can only do so following the strict rules in place...
You’re right Roobarb we may well have been barred for posting at the same time in the past... I like to look at it as great minds think alike 😄.
We can only hope for your sake that NN will stay away for as long as possible!

Annette- well done with getting to grips with your new phone but a real bummer to have to input all your contacts .... keep you occupied over next few weeks!

MH - your day sounded so exciting you haven’t told us about it! How many ships still in the bay.... what wildlife have you seen when out and about....
Looking forward to hearing all about it😀

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 3rd November
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 November 20 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Was just thinking about Annette's problem with the contacts, easiest way would be to put the SIM back in the old phone, copy contacts to the SIM then put it in the new phone. Job done. Unless of course it's a new SIM that doesn't fit the old phone.  :-\
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 3rd November
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 November 20 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Put old sim in the new phone, copy contacts to phone. Remove old sim. Put in new sim copy contacts to sim.
Well, that's what I did when I upgraded my phone.
If no new sim follow Roobarb's instructions.
Stay Safe Stay Strong
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 November 20 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Good idea for Annette... it did cross my mind that she might be able to retrace her steps ...
When I got my new iPad I did sinc it with my phone rather than my old iPad and it took about three days for all my messages to get through...
It’s knowing the right commands to press to get the results you want... did have to have a bit of help from my techy friend!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 November 20 07:55 GMT (UK) »
I must say I have deep respect for the system brought by NZ... no voucher no fly. Brilliant, I hadn't heard of it before.  Not that it fills me with deep joy for my postponed touring holiday, which won't be great if I have to spend half the 4 weeks locked in one hotel. :'(
My Tuesday wasn't worth writing about... it started very wet, and we had to do the weekly grocery shop, but we went early so that wan't too bad. Then the group meeting insisted on being indoors at the library cafe, despite it was bright sunshine by then.  >:(
Walking back from there was pleasant sunshine and cool Northerlies.  For some reason there was only 2 cruise ships in the Bay, I don't know where the others had gone.
Not much else to report though I did notice some swans swimming on the sea.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.