Author Topic: Florence Collett born c1885  (Read 851 times)

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Collett born c1885
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Have you found Florence on the 1901 census? She would have been 16/17.

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Ellen Eliza Collett born Dec Q, 1869, Bradford, MMN Walker. If she was the mother, she would only have been 14.

Offline Geoff Budden

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 14:35 GMT (UK) »
No trace of Florence on 1901 census or her Grandfather George despite numerous searches.I think they are together somewhere but don't seem to be in Bradford on Avon!
Sorry I said Ellen I meant Mary Maria who married Thomas Smale.All her children were born after Florence per census records, so I presume Florence was before she married.Only a thought....
On probate records she was also known as Florence Maud Howald. Died in 1960 aged 77
BUDDEN- Verwood/ Horton areas of Dorset<br />ADAMS- Sturminster Newton area of Dorset<br />LINTERN- Shepton Mallet/ Ditcheat areas of Somerset<br />SLY- Warminster in Wiltshire<br />BAILEY- Beaulieu/ Fordingbridge areas of Hampshire

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 November 20 15:57 GMT (UK) »

Offline Geoff Budden

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 November 20 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Have found  that Florence and husband Ernest were witnesses to the wedding of Thomas George Smale(known as George) and Fannie Coker in 1910.Almost certain that she is his half sister and Mary Maria is her mother.Have sent for marriage certificate.
Where is she in 1901 though?
BUDDEN- Verwood/ Horton areas of Dorset<br />ADAMS- Sturminster Newton area of Dorset<br />LINTERN- Shepton Mallet/ Ditcheat areas of Somerset<br />SLY- Warminster in Wiltshire<br />BAILEY- Beaulieu/ Fordingbridge areas of Hampshire

Offline Geoff Budden

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 November 20 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Florence's marriage certificate shows her father as George Collett-Warehouseman. Would a guardian be shown as a father?I only ask because her Grandfather was George but he was a shoe maker!

Offline Geoff Budden

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 December 20 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Birth cert states Margaret Florence Emma Collett born 27/9/1883.No father but mother is Marie Maria Collett of 28,White Hill,Bradford.
Problem solved!
Thanks to everyone for their help!