Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 10th November  (Read 874 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 10th November
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 November 20 07:27 GMT (UK) »
It is all going on in your village Caroline!
What a shame a building with so much history is being left to fall down.
I would very very fearful of the dogs. >:(  I am troubled that the owners are both solicitors - they should know better, but I suspect they reckon they are inviolate because people will be scared to take them on.  I am fairly certain the owners are liable to ensure the dogs can't escape from their property, and it seems to me a call to the RSPCA to say they are loose and in potential danger might put "the cat among the pigeons".  (Sorry. That is a rubbish phrase to use!!)
As to the vaccine, I think it needs far more testing to be sure it is safe, but I heard an Aussie chap on the radio suggesting that it could be argued, from an ethical stand point, that younger people have far more life to loose, (than the more vulnerable elderly,) and therefore any vaccines should be used on younger people first. I don't say I agree with the view, but it certainly made me look at the ethics from a different angle.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 November 20 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Well lost a post earlier!
So here goes again.
Son brought my fresh shopping.chicken ,veges etc.
He had a small Sweet  Chestnut  sapling with him about 28” high.
Asked did I want it well NO!. Far too big for my garden when well grown.
So armed with it in a black bag and a spade ,off we go to the cemetery .
There is rough ground on the other side of the perimeter wall ,so it was planted there.Some already growing in the Cemetery but we thought we ought not to plant it there.
So back we come with spade and folded up black bag.
People looked at us, so I said quite loudly, “ It will grow better there and  the  squirrels will have the nuts.”
I almost expected a visit from the Police!

Home made fish and chips for tea.
Defrosting a chick pea curry for tomorrow.
Got the wherewithal to make a batch of cheese and onion pies for freezer .
So that is a job for tomorrow.

Nice day today after a dull  start  so more washing on the line ,I love pegging out ,almost always a little exchange with passers by or neighbours.

Not much news today, spoke with daughter again as “ On The Town  “ was on the TV .
Gene Kelly is a good double for my grandson ,just grandson is a bigger  chunkier version .
I wanted my daughter to see the likeness.Dark hair and eyes and lovely white teeth.GK was my favourite film star aged  about twelve

Must reply to my friend, she sent some lovely pics of her great grandchildren
hHer sons and mine were playmates as little boys ,the whole family were at the Airport to see us off when we left to live in Belgium.
It was so kind.

Hope everyone is well ,and sleeps well .
Take care and look forward to your news tomorrow.

Goodnight,Viktoria.

P.S. surely it is an offence for dogs to be off the lead ,unsupervised where they could cause a RTA?
That is one reason,apart from them being traced if genuinely lost or stolen - ,why every dog must by law be microchipped.
The owners can then be traced and prosecuted.Solicitors or not.
Gosh imagine if a small child fell, to some dogs  that can signal play but can be very rough play and a child’s screams and struggles can excite ,very dangerous situation.
I honestly would phone The Police ,a serious event of one kind or another is waiting to happen .
You would not be named by them ,you have evidence and you would be absolutely wrecked emotionally if an accident occurred .
No thoughtless selfish person has any right to do that to you, nor cause an accident,possibly fatal ,of any kind.
Tell us tomorrow you have reported it.
Listen to your Grandma! V.

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 November 20 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Wise words indeed from both of you Mowsehowse and Viktoria..... as you will see from my post of today (Thursday) for the next episode...
I love that you planted the tree with your Son Viktoria.... something to grow and for future generations to enjoy, a selfless act of community spirit...
MH you may be right about the vaccine.... I’m very uncertain about it and feel there are more deserving people that I... but on the other hand I’m not ready to throw the towel in just yet 😀

Ruskie - in answer to your question, yes it is a listed building... 

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK