Author Topic: 1821 census/bawenboy,cavan/Fergusson/McGee/Jervis  (Read 3421 times)

Offline sunshine333

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1821 census/bawenboy,cavan/Fergusson/McGee/Jervis
« on: Saturday 27 August 05 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, Looking for John & Elizabeth Fergusson, son James born c 1805 who married Hannah McGee, born c 1811, father Thomas McGee, born Bawenboy or Bowenboy.Thanks...Rob

Offline ColinUSA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1821 census/bawenboy,cavan/Fergusson/McGee/Jervis
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 October 05 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,
According to Leslie Clare DALE, James died 1858 in Sydney Australia. She lists his place of birth as county Cavan. Are you able to confirm that from his death certificate?
http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/10421/20041220/www.firstfamilies2001.net.au/firstfamily0f12.html?id=FERGUSON10010762511

My own ancestors are from county Cavan. Accordingly I have helped organized DNA testing of other FERGUSON who originate in county Cavan. To date we identified six distiinct familes from:
1. Ballymachugh
2. Lavey
3. Annagh
4. Cootehill
5. Knockbride
6. Scrabby

There is James FERGUSON of Killagrogan, Lavey in the Tithe Applotment Books circa 1834. I'd be willing to bet that he is your ancestor or related to same. We could prove the relationship if you were to recruit a living male FERGUSON from your family to submit a DNA sample. With all the sons bore by Hannah, i.e. Thomas, James, John Jervis, Henry and Robert, surely the line is not extinct!

Cheers,
Colin Ferguson
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~colin/Ferguson/DNA/

Offline sunshine333

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1821 census/bawenboy,cavan/Fergusson/McGee/Jervis
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 October 05 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin, thanks for answering, I am related to the same family as Leslie Clare Dale, would you have her address?, I sent an email to her hotmail address, from first families 2001,  but no answer. My line is from Thomas Ferg.(Father James)  then his daughter Emma Elizabeth, so cannot help with male DNA,  sorry. Please let me know if you find anymore info, re this family....Rob