Author Topic: Brennan brothers of Rochfortbridge: Patrick bapt 1839; Denis bapt 1846.  (Read 1223 times)

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brennan brothers of Rochfortbridge: Patrick bapt 1839; Denis bapt 1846.
« on: Saturday 21 November 20 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Denis Brennan and his wife Catherine (Kitty), nee Talt, had five children baptised at Rochfortbridge: Anne on 7 Jul 1836; Patrick on 1 Mar 1839; Bridget on 7 Feb 1842; Catherine on 14 May 1844; and Denis on 31 Aug 1846. We know all about the girls. Catherine came to Australia and I am her great grandson. Bridget went to the US and we have been in touch with her descendants. Anne stayed in Westmeath and her descendants still live around Mullingar, and we have been in touch with them. If you would like to know more about the girls' families. We are fairly sure that Patrick married Ellen Conlan at Rochfortbridge on 18 Feb 1860. But that is the sum total of what we know about the boys. It seems possible that one or both brothers left Ireland, although neither the US nor Australian families have heard that the girls who emigrated had brothers in the destination countries as well. But we can find no obvious deaths, or Census mentions, or a marriage for Denis for that matter. I have mentioned the family in here before but I'm just making a last plea in the hope that someone can suggest where we go from here.
Thanks, Geoff Turner.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.