Author Topic: Robert Ellis Evans - Born 1881 Dolgellau - 1st Newfoundland Regiment  (Read 2092 times)

Offline oldfogie64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Ellis Evans - Born 1881 Dolgellau - 1st Newfoundland Regiment
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello There Buck....
Just to say I read your post with great interest......we are very very very distantly related and came across your post when doing my own branch of a family tree.My great great aunt was Elinor Brown(my surname is Brown too).Elinor Brown was the mother of 9 brothers and sisters including Laura the singer and Robert your grandfather.Obviously your branch of the tree is 'Evans' but it still interests me as it is connected to Elinor(or Eleanor...so many different spellings I've seen of her).Elinor had two other sisters and two brothers...one of her brothers was Richard Brown...my great great grandfather.....he was a stone mason in Dolgelly Wales....then followed my grandfather who grew up in Dolgelly but moved to London after WW2.....married in London.....had two sons...one my father....and he had two sons...one me!.....Anyway thanks for your interesting/detailed post.....I'm curious to know how many kids your grandfather Robert and Maguerite had and so how you are connected.....I'm just being nosy I suppose.....doing this family tree stuff makes us all a bit like that.......but we are related albeit very distantly!! BTW we share a family history in Wales which I have traced back to about 1750 in Llanidloes....a quite small village in Wales.....find it on a map as that is where we are both from some 5 or 6 generations back! All the Best....