Author Topic: Finding William Moore  (Read 4880 times)

Offline ruthhelen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding William Moore dead
« Reply #36 on: Friday 21 January 22 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the death registration of William's second wife, Margaret Close (1893, Glasgow) - as mentioned in the previous thread? Was William still alive then?

Ruth
McArthur, Milne, Mitchell, Black, Robertson, Morrison, Slessor, Lawrence - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire. Muir, Waddell, Fraser, Orr, Cowden - Lanarkshire/Renfrewshire/Dunbartonshire. Dalziel, Dalzell, Gourley, Cromie, Crombie, Bell - Co Down. Lewis, Corrigan, Morris, Cox, Hay - Monmouthshire/Pembrokeshire.  Baker, Ginger, Woodhurst, Swift, Jones - Kent/London.

Offline txorimalo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 21 January 22 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the death registration of William's second wife, Margaret Close (1893, Glasgow) - as mentioned in the previous thread? Was William still alive then?

Ruth
I dont have it, but the maiden surname doesnt match. SP index is Pilnei and her maiden surname was Petrie

Offline ruthhelen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 21 January 22 16:19 GMT (UK) »
I dont have it, but the maiden surname doesnt match. SP index is Pilnei and her maiden surname was Petrie

I wouldn’t discount it on that basis - it’s close enough to be a poor transcription.

Ruth
McArthur, Milne, Mitchell, Black, Robertson, Morrison, Slessor, Lawrence - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire. Muir, Waddell, Fraser, Orr, Cowden - Lanarkshire/Renfrewshire/Dunbartonshire. Dalziel, Dalzell, Gourley, Cromie, Crombie, Bell - Co Down. Lewis, Corrigan, Morris, Cox, Hay - Monmouthshire/Pembrokeshire.  Baker, Ginger, Woodhurst, Swift, Jones - Kent/London.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 21 January 22 16:27 GMT (UK) »
I suggest you check it out! I wouldn't discount it. What address were they living at in 1891?
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline txorimalo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 21 January 22 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I suggest you check it out! I wouldn't discount it. What address were they living at in 1891?
flst
They were living in 'Penbroke st' in 1891

Offline txorimalo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 21 January 22 17:38 GMT (UK) »

I wouldn’t discount it on that basis - it’s close enough to be a poor transcription.

Ruth
I have ordered it, it is William's second wife. Reading it is very difficult to me. Can i share the record here?

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 21 January 22 18:05 GMT (UK) »
I have ordered it, it is William's second wife. Reading it is very difficult to me. Can i share the record here?
Yes, but you should not post the whole of it as that is regarded as a breach of copyright. Just post the bits you can't read.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline txorimalo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 21 January 22 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Yes, but you should not post the whole of it as that is regarded as a breach of copyright. Just post the bits you can't read.
Okey. I attach the piece of the record i cant understand.

Offline ruthhelen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 21 January 22 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Margaret Moore, married to William Moore, night watchman. Died 10 July 1893...

Can't really decipher the address - maybe 63 Burgess Street?

Do her parent's names match those of William's first wife (Margaret's sister)? Who was the informant, was it William, or someone else?

'Married to...' suggests he was still alive at this time.

Ruth