Author Topic: Sidney George Blank  (Read 4519 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sidney George Blank
« Reply #108 on: Thursday 14 January 21 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone I have just received this morning the birth record of Sidney George Petherbridge (aka Blank).  Of course there is NO father listed (as to be expected) and it say's that the mother is Mary Maria Petherbridge (name Alice not included) and she was living in the Newton Abbot Union Workhouse.  Sidney was born First April 1880 and registered on the Thirtieth of April so Mary M. A? was there for at least that time. 

I've contacted the Devon Archives and they said that they would not be able to take on the research until March because of the lockdown.

The below in response to my email to the Archives

"We do have the register of births for Newton Abbot workhouse for the period in which you are interested (reference: 6223A/UR/2)
We also hold the Newton Abbot Bastardy order book (reference: R2361A/0/Z/1)."

Hopefully they will be able to find some more details on Mary M. Petherbridge whilst she was there, when did she leave???  Was there any details as to why she was there??  Anyway will have to wait and see I guess!!  Thanks Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Thursday 14 January 21 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update. March is not too far away. :)
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Saturday 11 December 21 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone
    I finally decided to order the KINCH/PETHERBRIDGE marriage certificate.  I realise it may not contain the information I need but feel I need to have it just in case.  It wont be sent until the 14th of December from the UK. 

Also does anyone know if there are volunteers who look at records in the Devonshire records office for
 Register of births for Newton Abbot workhouse for the period in which you are interested (reference: 6223A/UR/2) WOULD I NEED THIS IF I ALREADY HAVE SIDNEY PETHERBRIDGES BIRTH CERTIFICATE??

The Newton Abbot Bastardy order book (reference: R2361A/0/Z/1). THIS COULD BE INTERESTING RE THE WILLIAM UGLOW STORY???

Would it be worthwhile following his story/information at all??

There costs are 37 pounds for an hours research!!  Hmmm! Not sure if I can afford to do that just now.

I have the 4 newspaper reports which is great BUT need more details on hopefully Mary Alice PETHERBRIDGE and what was the outcome??  Where there court appearances for those years between 1873-7.

Anyway thought I would just touch base with everyone.  Hope this finds you all well! Kind regards Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 11 January 22 01:26 GMT (UK) »
HI Everyone
    Just to finish off!  I have just received the long anticipated marriage record for Mary Maria Alice PETHERBRIDGE and WILLIAM HENRY KINCH on the 16th of JULY 1882, she is a 25 year old Spinster living in Temperance Street Torquay FATHER:- William PETHERBRIDGE, Occupation FARMER, deceased.  This would be her Grandad, Father of her mum Frances Hendy Petherbridge.

William Henry Kinch was a 29 year old Plasterer also living in Temperance St Torquay.  So from here I'm not sure what else can be checked!  Was Mary using the name KINCH before she married him, where they living together.  Not sure anyway that's that I guess.  Been a lot of fun.  Many thanks Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday 11 January 22 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for coming back to finish off with last bit of detail - of interest for those who remember this thread started over a year ago.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday 11 January 22 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neale Thanks it has taken some time hasn't it!  All good though.  I may do some more checking on Aunts and Uncles of Mary Alice Petherbridge, there sure were a few of them.  Take care.  Best wishes to all on this thread.  Dianna