Author Topic: Sidney George Blank  (Read 4521 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sidney George Blank
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 10 December 20 04:43 GMT (UK) »
HI yes on the death certificate it say's he was in NSW 58 years, doesn't make sense to me.  LOL Regards Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 10 December 20 04:50 GMT (UK) »
Just looking at Sid's marriage certificate it states he was 34 in 1914 married in the Methodist Church WAGGA WAGGA Reigion:- Presbyterian?? Don't quite understand that.  Sid's marriage just states that he was born in Devonshire, England a laborer aged 34!!  He must have been told about his parents by someone!!  Yes I'm coming up Blank here too.  Oh well we can't always find everything we want with our research (sad!).  No immigration for Sid (to Aus) no children on his death certificate and I'm unable to order the certificates of his 4 children.  Seeing as they were illegitimate there is usually very little information on them anyway!  Just keep plugging away I guess.  Many thanks Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 10 December 20 06:05 GMT (UK) »
Are you aware there are death certificates for 2 Blank children, parents Sidney George, and Miriam.
May Blank in 1928 and Sidney George Junior in 1943.
You will be able to order those.
Also  maybe looks like his “wife” Miriam Blank died 1941.

When you get his father’s death certificate it might give you new leads.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 11 December 20 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again.  I have just received this bit of information and I'm trying to follow up on it at the Aus end! Just wanted to share it with you as you have all been very helpful with this request re Sid.

"I think you have the right birth reg.

You can order a PDF certificate from the GRO which can be downloaded and saved.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

I think his mother was Mary Maria ALICE Pethybridge/Petheridge born in Holne, in 1852.

Findmypast has the transcription of a Newton Abbot workhouse birth:

born on 01/04/1880 a MALE child to MARY PETHERBRIDGE of TORMOHAM baptised on 29/04/1880 a child called SYDNEY GEORGE

I also found a newspaper report of a Mary Maria Alice Pethbridge in 1877, alleging that one William Uglow had not been paying maintenance for his child by her. This is obviously not Sidney, but possibly a daughter b c1874 (from another newspaper report).

There is then the marriage of one Mary Maria A Pethybridge to William Henry Kinch in 1882 (I traced the other couple on the index on the 1891 census).

This is probably William Henry Kinch born in Torquay in 1852, joins the Navy.

A Sidney Kinch b c1880 arrives in Queensland 6 Nov 1883, as does a Mary Kinch b c1857.

This is all conjecture on my part and would need checking out, obviously."  Don't know if it will pan out but will follow up on it.  Regards Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 11 December 20 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Some interesting progress. From a quick look I have found this

Queensland Death

William Henry KINCH
Event type: Death registration
Event date: 14/05/1914
Mother: Thirza Jane Kinch
Father/parent: Wiliam Robert Kinch
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 11 December 20 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neale Well that's interesting.  Hope I'm on the right track here.  Thanks for that.  Will see what else comes up with this William KINCH immigrating perhaps.  I couldn't find a death of Mary/Alice KINCH in Queensland as yet.  The plot thickens.  LOL.  Thanks Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 11 December 20 22:20 GMT (UK) »
No I could not find a death or a second marriage for Maria/Alice Kinch in either QLD or NSW.
There is an Alice Kinch (possibly daughter) who married about 1916 and then lost her husband soon after in the war.

What was the ship that they arrived on to QLD? - I could not find immigration for them

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 11 December 20 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Guess it may be an idea to look for a death of WILLIAM HENRY KINCH in England!  As this Mary came to Qld by herself with Sidney George?  I've made enquiries in Qld to see if there are anymore details on Ms. KINCH! Sometimes on the assisted immigrants list there are birth places mentioned and parents.  KINCH, Mary aged 26 arrived in Qld 6 November 1883 on the DUKE of BUCCLEUCH as an assisted immigrant with Sidney KINCH born c 1880.  I will check that WW1 Record for Alice's husband. Anything is worth trying

Could be helpful.  Regards Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 11 December 20 23:02 GMT (UK) »
If you send me a PM, I can send you the passenger list for DUKE of BUCCLEUCH arriving Nov 1883.
I find it extremely difficult to read, but could not see the name Kinch.