Author Topic: Anne Elizabeth Evans - "Bessie" - Henllan, Denbigshire  (Read 940 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Elizabeth Evans - "Bessie" - Henllan, Denbigshire
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Death Registration
Robert T Williams, age 43, Jun Qtr 1916, Edmonton, Middlesex, 3a 438

Meant to add "Williams" is a real toughie to search. Some of these findings have only popped up and can be readily accepted because Laura has been mentioned in the same breath.

Offline oldfogie64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.....I found the burial notice for Robert which was back in Henllan Wales....but 'your' death notice is from Edmonton London which is an interesting detail itself and corresponds to the remaining family's address given as Edmonton in the 1921 Census......just at this moment I'm trying to nail down what happened to her son 'Tudor Williams'...he can be found at two addresses in the 1921 Census confusingly,one in Edmonton with mother Laura and the other in Henllan with grandmother Ellenor!!......I can then find two death notices for 'Tudor Williams' both are born 1905(no locations given) but very different death dates...one is 1935...the other 1965.... If I was to guess I would say 1935 as my old cousin's notes say that he was 'a sickly child' so unfortunately/maybe the earlier date of 1935....plus a cursory glance at the 1939 Census list doesn't provide any obvious address/locational clue......anyway thanks again!

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 19:28 GMT (UK) »
The North Wales Weekly News, 12 Oct 1944, carried a report of Laura's death at College School House, Colwyn Bay, buried at Henllan, age 61. She left a son and a daughter.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 19:39 GMT (UK) »
I was about to say I can;t find a death in 1935

His birth was registered Q4 1905. There's three Tudors on the 1939 register who could have been registered in that quarter. One's in Worcestershire and an industrial worker (died 1984), one's in Ammanford and an office/insurance worker and the third  (born 13 Sept) is in Sussex. He interests me as he's not obviously with family and is described as "mental deficient", as is another person in the household. I was wondering if  'a sickly child' could be code for having a learning disability, and he's in a private care arrangement.

He does have a middle initial E, unlike the birth registration.

this is pure speculation, of course

He appears to be on the electoral register after the war - in the same household as an Alice M. Evans

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 19:51 GMT (UK) »
I've been checking for a possible wills - without success.
Re. the possible 1935 death, pages 462 - 588, which would cover Williams, are not returned.

Offline oldfogie64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the help from yesterday...After finding out more about two of Elinor (Brown)/John Evans 9 children yesterday from the Henllan 'base'....Laura....and Stanley.....I'm off and running on the other seven.....number three Ellen/Eleanor(born 1893) was the easiest to find as she too was a singer and became famous marrying D'Oyly Carte Opera star Darrell Fancourt and both even have wiki pages!....the others will be less easy....next up (number 4 in my list) eldest William (Evans) born in 1878 or 1879 in Dolgelly and (number 5) next eldest Robert Evans also born in Dolgelly in 1881,who became a draper I believe.....so maybe it was only the girls who could sing in the family!

Offline Sassenach73

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne,

I did a family tree for a dear gentleman, David Evans, last year - sadly he passed away two months back now - I did a very concise tree on his paternal line, and included all of Bessie's siblings, and their spouses/children/grandchildren.  It was 347 pages long in the end.  There were quite a few twists and turns.