Author Topic: Anthony Thomas and wife Susanna  (Read 1119 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Thomas and wife Susanna
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Son Anthony and Wife Ann Bapt a Daug Susanna Tremain Thomas 05 Aug 1810 Buckland, Kent.

So I would say named after his Mother.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Autumn9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both. I will have a look in to all the information.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 09:35 GMT (UK) »
The Bapt I posted is on FreeREG :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 23:45 GMT (UK) »
The handwritten pages you posted, with names in alphabetical order is a (relatively!) modern transcription that someone did from the original parish registers, sorted in name order for convenience obviously pre computer era.  I expect some Kent expert would give you the correct name of this index, I knowI have one or two of these images in my Kent collections.  So it's possible some names have been misread if they were hard to decipher on the originals.
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline Autumn9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 19:52 GMT (UK) »
The handwritten pages you posted, with names in alphabetical order is a (relatively!) modern transcription that someone did from the original parish registers, sorted in name order for convenience obviously pre computer era.  I expect some Kent expert would give you the correct name of this index, I knowI have one or two of these images in my Kent collections.  So it's possible some names have been misread if they were hard to decipher on the originals.

Ah interesting. That would make sense. Thank you.

I took a bit of a punt on someone else’s Ancestry tree information and went back a little bit further. It seems the names are correct, just transcribed incorrectly. The Thomas name is not Welsh at all in this case, and is in fact from the French Huguenots of Spitalfields. I’ve gone back two generations and located a Thomas Thomas but am struggling to get past him at the moment.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 January 21 12:16 GMT (UK) »
If the Tree has Anthony born 1725 I am a little sceptical as he would be 47 when they married 1772.

Offline Autumn9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 January 21 12:25 GMT (UK) »
If the Tree has Anthony born 1725 I am a little sceptical as he would be 47 when they married 1772.

I don’t believe I have a birth for Anthony as yet. His wife (if indeed it is his wife!) was born 1754.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 14 January 21 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I'm confused you said you looked at a Tree and went back 2 generations?

That Tree I found has Anthony born 1725, Parents Pierre Thomas and Mary Rebecca Flower
Pierres Parents Thomas Thomas and Martha Barbauld.

Offline Autumn9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 14 January 21 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Sorry i'm confused you said you looked at a Tree and went back 2 generations?

That Tree I found has Anthony born 1725, Parents Pierre Thomas and Mary Rebecca Flower
Pierres Parents Thomas Thomas and Martha Barbauld.

All that is correct but I haven’t found a birth record for Anthony as yet. I’m sure the other trees I’ve looked at don’t have birth details for him either and if they do it’s just a guess with no evidence to back it up.