Author Topic: Susan White of Swineshead 1813  (Read 1169 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Susan White of Swineshead 1813
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 January 21 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Other children under WHITE;
SAMUEL 12 May 1816
ELIZABETH 10 Aug 1817
THOMAS 19 August 1819
LUKE 21 March 1822

1841 Census
William White   65 Ag Lab, not born in County
Elizabeth White   20
Luke White   20 Ag Lab
Elisa White   5 mths
Susan Wilkins   25
Sarah Wilkins   5
All others born in County

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 January 21 10:43 GMT (UK) »
OOPS sorry you probably have that Census!

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline hantsdp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 January 21 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Trish

Thanks. Yes the census was my starting point. I believe that Sarah Wilkins was my great grandmother (d of Susan White who married John Wilkins). I cannot find her birth/christening anywhere although I think she was born in Irchester, Northants where John and Susan married. I suspect she was born before they married.

David
Leicester, Northants, Beds, Dorset, Somerset, Devon, Hants
Flude, Parker, Ball, Linger, Dunn, Elford, Threadgold

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 January 21 11:11 GMT (UK) »
When/where did Sarah Wilkins marry David?

Only one I can find born Northamptonshire c 1835/6 was the Daug of Elizabeth Wilkins.

Offline hantsdp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 January 21 11:27 GMT (UK) »
This is where it all gets very confusing. My grandmother's birth certificate gives her mother's name as Sarah Ann Miller formerly WILKINS. The birth certificate of my grandmother's sister shows formely WHITE. From census records Sarah Ann had 6 children with William MILLER (married Sarah Ann WHITE 3 May 1859 St Sepulchre, Northampton). Of these 6 children the GRO shows mother's maiden name to be (in chronological order) WHITE, WHITE, WILKINS, WILKINS, WHITE, WILKINS!!!

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 January 21 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Meant to say - there's a burial at Swineshead of William White on 14 Jan 1851 aged 79 (born 1772)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 January 21 16:03 GMT (UK) »
From what I've seen... John Wilkins married Susan White (daughter of William) on 28 Nov 1837 at Irchester, John was living at Ditchford Gate. On 1841 census Susan Wilkins age 25 was living with father William White age 65 & (daughter?) Sarah age 5 not born in county (Hunts). Also in 1841 at Ditchford Gate is John Wilkins age 40 & (sons) Thomas 2 & Joseph 18 mths.

When we get to 1851 in Irchester we have John Wilkins 39 & wife Susan age 38 born Swineshead, plus 8 children including the Thomas & Joseph mentioned earlier. There is not a daughter Sarah with them. Have you found her in 1851?

Plus.... the Northampton marriage on 3 May 1859 of widower William Miller, carpenter to spinster Sarah Ann White, says her father was John White rather than John Wilkins. Can you tell me where they are in 1861/1871 so I can see these children.

This does suggest to me that Sarah Wilkins age 5 was born before the marriage of mother Susan to John Wilkins & he may or may not have been her father.

Regards John       
Clement - Croydon

Offline hantsdp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 January 21 16:11 GMT (UK) »
John
Thank you.
The 1851 census shows a Sarah Ann White in Sheep Street Wellingborough as a Domestic servant and Born in Irchester. Unfortunately the 1861 census for Irchester seems to be missing but in 1861 and 1871 William and Sarah were in Higham Ferrers. Sarah died in 1875 buried at Higham Ferrers
Regards
David

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 January 21 10:34 GMT (UK) »
This is where it all gets very confusing. My grandmother's birth certificate gives her mother's name as Sarah Ann Miller formerly WILKINS. The birth certificate of my grandmother's sister shows formely WHITE. From census records Sarah Ann had 6 children with William MILLER (married Sarah Ann WHITE 3 May 1859 St Sepulchre, Northampton). Of these 6 children the GRO shows mother's maiden name to be (in chronological order) WHITE, WHITE, WILKINS, WILKINS, WHITE, WILKINS!!!

It may be down to the person who notified/registered the births guessing mother Sarah's maiden/previous surname - assuming that she was always White & never formally was Wilkins, other than that her natural mother Susan White married John Willkins. If you have the birth certs for your grandmother (formerly White) either Annie or Emily and her sister (formally Wilkins) either Jane or Ellen - then can you tell us who notified the births.

Regards John
Clement - Croydon