Author Topic: birth and death records  (Read 2278 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: birth and death records
« Reply #36 on: Friday 08 January 21 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your PM.

William Wilberforce FRASER was born Scotland, son of a Presbyterian Reverend....  I am sure his  role as a Police Magistrate further gives all of us confidence that he tested the evidence presented to him in that Court House.  So I am also sure that by 1884, and thus with about ten years as Inverell,s P.M. his experiences would guide his judgements.  I doubt if he would have personally attended and observed the local foot police collecting the details of her age, place of birth,...  his obit is readily available online via Trove.  He died in January 1918 aged 87. He had been in the Inverell district since aged 21.  He retired as Police M in 1895, and continued farming at Brodies Plains.

I should mention that NSW BDM early church records are extensive, but they are from the decades before it became compulsory to register births, deaths or marriages.  So not everyone baptised their babies,, not every church register survived ... floods, fires, bushrangers, misplaced by clergy .... etc. 

ADD obit
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/180515759  Daily Telegraph 28 Jan 1918.

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.