Author Topic: Missing parents marriage based on 1829 Baptism  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: Missing parents marriage based on 1829 Baptism
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 January 21 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Forget what I said about the change of wife, the will and codicil are both written in Nov 1842, will proved 1853. I misread the relationship given in relation to Ann.

GRO death 1853, Audley Mucklow aged 63, birth therefore c1790.

Death of Mary Mucklow aged 69 at Leadenham buried 30 Dec 1860.

The Audley MUXLOE (widower of Dembleby, Lincs, farmer and grazier) to Mary SWANN by license 31 Aug 1828 at St Peter, Saxby, Leicestershire marriage looks good. In 1851 Mary is born Stonesby, Leicestershire.

Based on the c1790 birth of Audley and Robert, Edward and Ann siblings in the will I'm looking for baptisms around the same period and found four at Leadenham all to an Audley and Elizabeth

Ann 1788
Ann 1793
Edward 1794
Robert 1797

Having looked at the Leadenham Register Images on FindMyPast it's apparent 1791 and 1792 are very faint and Freereg baptism transcriptions for those years are missing. 1793 is much clearer and there's a burial of an Edward, son of Audley and Eliz, I've almost convinced myself I can see his baptism in 1792 but it's so faint I could be seeing it because I want to.

I'm trying not to see the Audley Mucklow of Leadenham - Elizabeth Byron marriage at Buslingthorpe being the parents of the 1788-1797 baptisms, throw in a son Edward who died as an infant and using the faded 1791-1792 entries as an excuse for a missing Audley. 

I think the 1821 will of Audley Mucklow of Long Leadenham is crucial now. Freereg burial 12th Jul 1820 as Audley Muxloe

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 January 21 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Sounds good Glen.  :)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 11 January 21 01:59 GMT (UK) »
I should apologise as I post then find something else straight after  ;D

The name of Audley but variant surname spellings depending on source pops up in an odd record at Leadenham and is probably the one who dies in 1816 at Long Bennington. Lincs Archives have the will and it states Leadenham as place. Very confusing!!  There's also another burial of an Audley at Long Bennington in 1790 with age suggesting a 1740's birth.

Details jotted down until I can get hold of the 1820 Leadenham probate, based on the LTTP results for the surname I have a feeling there's a fair bit buried in bundles catalogued for other families. Fingers crossed they get a new website soon as the current one is crippled now flash is disabled.