Author Topic: Clowne John the baptist churchyard burial ground records  (Read 568 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Clowne John the baptist churchyard burial ground records
« on: Friday 08 January 21 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The Clowne church graveyard burial grave records only go to 1909 held at Derbyshire records office - all burial grave records post 1909 were missing, Well the new lady vicar of 3 years found the grave burial records of recent at the back of a wide shelf in the vestry and which contain post 1909 burials.

Because of COVID 19 lockdown at the moment !! the records are being kept by the lady vicar ! but when normality is retuned ? she will deposit the burial grave records in the Derbyshire records office at Matlock Derbyshire.

Unfortunately the Churchyard burial ground plot maps are missing but date & name on grave headstones do help locate graves with no headstone with the info in the burial record burial dates.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clowne John the baptist churchyard burial ground records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 January 21 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information on Clowne Burials...........If you type in Genuki Clowne Derbyshire..and scroll down to Clowne Burials...you'll find there are TWO post 1909 Burials.....I wonder where they came from!! Derek
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Clowne John the baptist churchyard burial ground records
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 January 21 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Derek

Useful website your info.

With this social distancing, the vicar was busy taking down some Xmas posters she had placed on the church steel picket fence by the main gate, and I was going to tidy up my parents plague over their cremains surrounding grass so conversation was short. In the short talk she said the burials started 1700's went right up to the 1980's( ish)

I must stress these burial records are a grave register not a parish register

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth