Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 16456 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #189 on: Thursday 21 January 21 17:41 GMT (UK) »
It slightly beggars belief that the Belgian factory that manufactures the Pfizer vaccine is carrying out modifications to their factory, which means a pause in the number of items being manufactured.

Then today the local authority has been/is  desperately trying to stop flood water reaching the Oxford vaccine factory.

I want to know who broke the glass mirror!
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Thursday 21 January 21 18:23 GMT (UK) »
It slightly beggars belief that the Belgian factory that manufactures the Pfizer vaccine is carrying out modifications to their factory, which means a pause in the number of items being manufactured.

Then today the local authority has been/is  desperately trying to stop flood water reaching the Oxford vaccine factory.

I want to know who broke the glass mirror!

They say things go in threes!

"Huge fire breaks out at world’s biggest Covid vaccine factory in India killing five"
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Thursday 21 January 21 18:40 GMT (UK) »
A bit of good news...

The Jerusalem Post
Antibodies increase by 6 to 20 times after second Pfizer dose
18 Jan 2021
https://www.jpost.com/health-science/antibodies-increase-by-6-to-20-times-after-second-pfizer-dose-sheba-655861

People who received their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine had a six- to 12-fold increase in the amount of antibodies produced to defend against the novel coronavirus, Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer reported Monday.

The results of preliminary research were based on 102 cases of medical personnel vaccinated at the hospital. They had more antibodies than people who were severely infected with the virus and recovered.

There's a discrepancy between the heading and the body text so I'm not sure which is correct but even the lower figure looks promising.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Thursday 21 January 21 20:02 GMT (UK) »
So we're being penalised for the efficiency of the people carrying out the vaccinations in our area.  :(  Perhaps instead of doing that they should be finding out why the other regions are behind.

We keep asking in Wales as to why we have the lowest vaccination rate in the UK, but no one will or can tell us properly. Anyway, we have plenty of promises so we will see what happens. I'm now suspecting I won't  be vaccinated before March, despite being in one of the groups promised vaccination by mid February. C'est la vie.
 :)

Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/familyhealth/morally-reprehensible-priti-patel-attacks-people-jumping-covid-vaccine-queue/ar-BB1cYh3y?ocid=msedgntp
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Thursday 21 January 21 21:22 GMT (UK) »
So we're being penalised for the efficiency of the people carrying out the vaccinations in our area.  :(  Perhaps instead of doing that they should be finding out why the other regions are behind.

We keep asking in Wales as to why we have the lowest vaccination rate in the UK, but no one will or can tell us properly. Anyway, we have plenty of promises so we will see what happens. I'm now suspecting I won't  be vaccinated before March, despite being in one of the groups promised vaccination by mid February. C'est la vie.
 :)

Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/familyhealth/morally-reprehensible-priti-patel-attacks-people-jumping-covid-vaccine-queue/ar-BB1cYh3y?ocid=msedgntp

The wording of that link is great:  Morally reprehensible Priti Patel attacks people......

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Thursday 21 January 21 21:32 GMT (UK) »
The information as to what vaccine recipients can and can't do after receiving it has been available for weeks now. And as Gadget says, recipients are given a leaflet that with the information.

There's really no excuse for recipients' ignorance of what's required of them.

Public Health England
Guidance
What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
Updated 20 January 2021
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-what-to-expect-after-vaccination/what-to-expect-after-your-covid-19-vaccination

Can you give COVID-19 to anyone if you have had the vaccine?
The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.

To protect yourself and your family, friends and colleagues you still need to:
- practice social distancing
- wear a face mask
- wash your hands carefully and frequently
- follow the current guidance
Exactly, it is there on the pamphlet you are given when you book in at the venue where you have gone to, to get vaccinated.
Viktoria

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Thursday 21 January 21 21:46 GMT (UK) »
https://www.hsj.co.uk/primary-care/exclusive-leading-regions-vaccine-supply-to-be-halved-so-others-can-catch-up/7029342.article

I thought that the goal was to vaccinate all the over 70s and others/special groups/ who wanted the vaccine by mid February.

I saw a post from one of the northern MP’s that suggested our areas were getting reduced supplies. I’m not due for ages anyway, but my husband is due as an over 70 so I hope he still gets his in the correct time frame. I know it’s a scarce resource, but news like this does nothing for mental health, esp when it feels like there’s a light coming sometime.
North East of England

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Thursday 21 January 21 22:07 GMT (UK) »
The Health Service Journal is a highly reputable journal.

We and some friends had ours this week- age range 75-77. We went to a GP hub in Newcastle/ which had the capacity to use up all the Pfizer supplied for that day. We were phoned up the day before by our GP practice.

Add - CF - it will be a long time before the light comes on
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Friday 22 January 21 02:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure the urging from Westminster about not using the queue jumping apps will do the trick.

There have always been folk who exploit loopholes but seriously! A few years ago it was all the rage for the footy players to spend thousands with "Mr Loophole" to avoid a speeding ticket, now it's scream "exempt" to avoid using a face mask safe in the knowledge the exemption extends to proving an exemption applies, now many of those same people will, by some miracle, manage to wear one whilst being 30 years younger than everyone else at the vaccine appointments that day.