Author Topic: FindMyPast Subscription offers  (Read 3724 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: FindMyPast Subscription offers
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 16 January 21 16:18 GMT (UK) »
I am another who has been with them from the very beginning but I only have a Britain sub so do not qualify for the extra days in lieu of 'free' days but I do get the 15% discount.  I understand from another post that the Britain sub is finally being withdrawn but I will stay with F M P when mine runs out at the end of the year.  The increase will be a small price to pay per week for the amount I use it  ;D

I have subscriptions to Ancestry, FindMyPast and the Genealogist and by using the 50% offer for Ancestry, I worked out it costs about a £1 a day for all three. That seems great value.

I agree, as I said early my three together work out about £1 a week. Not many other hobbies you could do for that.

[/quote]

The £1 per week would be marvellous for all three but is a mistake I think.  More like a £1 day as in a previous post.

Perhaps groom will clarify for you.

Adam. Are you aware of these ancestry offers on the link below ?   Make sure your auto renewal is cancelled and then use this link for a bargain.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/offers/subscribe?dna=crossAct

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 16 January 21 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

At least FindMyPast give a discount of 15%, Ancestry just take full amount with no discount.

Decided that I will cancel my Ancestry account, up for renewal in February, as I receive no emails from them not even notification when they are about to take my annual sub.

Complained many times, they have my correct email etc.  Something wrong with their auto system as they can contact me when they manually reply to complaint.

So after many years giving up.

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 16 January 21 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

At least FindMyPast give a discount of 15%, Ancestry just take full amount with no discount.

Decided that I will cancel my Ancestry account, up for renewal in February, as I receive no emails from them not even notification when they are about to take my annual sub.

Complained many times, they have my correct email etc.  Something wrong with their auto system as they can contact me when they manually reply to complaint.

Spendlove

If you click to cancel your auto renewal - then you would be able to subscribe again after the end date, using this link -  I will post again for you. These offers are for 12 months. We have been using this link on Rootschat  for 5/6 years now, it may be one that slips thru the radar.  ???  Hopefully they won't spot it.
Find My Past would never have anything to equal these prices.

UK Premium £59-99 and £89-88 Worldwide.

Good Luck
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 16 January 21 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes, sorry, it is £1 a day. I had one eye on what was happening over the road. The person's daughter hadn't been able to contact her, so sent a friend round, she couldn't get an answer so called the police who turned up in a car and van and broke down the door. She'd had a stroke sometime yesterday, but was conscious. The police stayed with her for 90 minutes until the ambulance arrived.

That Ancestry one is mentioned on every genealogy forum I belong to, so I'm sure that Ancestry know about it, but choose to let it go.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 16 January 21 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra

Have seen the various posts re reduced subscription.

Will cancel, and try your link.

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 16 January 21 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra

Have seen the various posts re reduced subscription.

Will cancel, and try your link.

Spendlove

Make sure that auto renewal is not active. Once your current one, ends, the new link should work.

Take Care
Stay Safe
Good Luck
Sandra  :)

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 18 January 21 16:31 GMT (UK) »
I am another who has been with them from the very beginning but I only have a Britain sub so do not qualify for the extra days in lieu of 'free' days but I do get the 15% discount.  I understand from another post that the Britain sub is finally being withdrawn but I will stay with F M P when mine runs out at the end of the year.  The increase will be a small price to pay per week for the amount I use it  ;D

I have subscriptions to Ancestry, FindMyPast and the Genealogist and by using the 50% offer for Ancestry, I worked out it costs about a £1 a day for all three. That seems great value.

I agree, as I said early my three together work out about £1 a week. Not many other hobbies you could do for that.

The £1 per week would be marvellous for all three but is a mistake I think.  More like a £1 day as in a previous post.

Perhaps groom will clarify for you.

Adam. Are you aware of these ancestry offers on the link below ?   Make sure your auto renewal is cancelled and then use this link for a bargain.

Sandra
[/quote]

Sandra, Thanks for the link. As I have just renewed my World wide Ancestry, which is twice per year, which means I will cancel Ancestry in 6 months time and renew when my present subscription ends.

How much does The Genealogist subscription cost and what is it like and what areas does it mainly cover?

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 18 January 21 17:40 GMT (UK) »
I have The Genealogist but don't use it as much as I do the other two - I find it harder to narrow down the searches, I suppose it depends what you get used to. I like the tithe maps on there.

https://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/compare/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 21 January 21 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Whenever I've cancelled my Ancestry sub in recent years they have usually emailed me with a tempting offer, eg 4 months for £20.  I think they realise that you reach a point where your research has stalled, so it's hard to justify another long subscription. 
They are canny enough to realise that it's better to get a little of our money than none.   ;D
A pity that F M P aren't so wise.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.