Author Topic: Diary - Wednesday 13th January  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Wednesday 13th January
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Same weather here in Suffolk - wet and breezy - and again very cold.

Usual day with household chores, tv, jigsaw and knitting.   Had our cousins quiz at 7.30 via Whatsapp video - once again I came last!   It was good to just chat for a while afterwards.

Good news of the day was that smallest baby Darcy is now home too.   As my niece says, now the fun begins!   When my niece was a little girl and spent days with me here she used to love to 'twang' my door stoppers springs and 'twizzle' on my office chair.  Says she's going to teach the twins to do it too - one can twang, the other twizzle and then they can change over.

Didn't eat until after the quiz - curly chips, chicken goujons and coleslaw followed by strawberry cheesecake.

Continue to stay safe everyone.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:46 GMT (UK) »
That is good news the babies are both home, 'spect i have mentioned it before but I am a twin, we were in hospital till we were about  6 weeks  and here I'm with a pension and bus pass ,    5lb  at birth  my brother was a bit heavier , I am  5ft 8 and my brother 6ft 2 ins, my friend a single child was 10 lb at birth and is about 5ft 2, you could have two tall girls you can't guess from their birth weights 

Hope you have many twang  and twizzle  times.

Yesterday I saw 2 beautiful girls, probably about 3 or 4, twins, of course I had to talk to them and their mother, can't help myself !!

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Annette - delighted to hear that Darcy is now home in the bosom of her family... sorry couldn’t resist that 😀 . I’m sure your niece will manage and hope her older children will help out too.... sure you can’t wait to have them twanging and twizzling the respective items!

LM - Amazing how twins get on... do you have same thoughts and feel when the other needs something... two sets twins in my SiL’s family... they skipped our side... my daughter at one point did say she’d have liked twins... think she may have revised that idea... now has thoughts she might like a little girl but at 43 might be a stretch too far and their life is becoming easier as the boys get older... nice thought but no guarantees....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 January 21 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Caroline, apparently my brother knew I was pregnant before I  did and even more surprisingly he had to jump out of bed in pain when our  daughter was born, no one knew she was born but he was spot on within minutes

We always had the same illnsess, I  had scarlet fever and mumps and was in hospital for 9 weeks not  allowed to see anyone, can't remember what he had at the time but he had something

If we have a problem we often ring up and say how's your  ?  whatever problem we have at the time

We always got on well but he is a much stronger personality than I  am, I do tend to give in, he is nothing like my parents at all

I enjoy seeing  him but now spouses  get in the way, not mine!!

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 January 21 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Pheno sorry to hear about your aunt

Annette7 pleased to hear both twins are home and doing well

Viktoria  I’m one the extremely vulnerable shielded group (severe asthma and breast cancer) my latest information from the government does include a bit about the vaccine
“ Even  if you have had both doses of the vaccine, you should continue to follow the shielding advice until further notice as we continue to assess the impact of vaccination among all groups.”
I suppose for non shielders that would translate as just keep following the rules!
My practice only began last Sunday so it’ll be some time before I get mine.

LM sorry hear about your poor neighbour

My poorly boiler ( it died on Christmas Day) is being replaced tomorrow thank goodness. Every morning when I turned it on I wondered if it’d go on. Hopefully the rain will have stopped and I can go out for a walk and leave them to it for an hour or so.Shielders are allowed to go out for a walk this time hurray! I shall wear a mask the whole time I’m out as usual. Despite my asthma I have no problems breathing with a mask on I just have to manage without my glasses as they steam up! Fortunately I can manage without them but I can’t read a thing without them.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 January 21 16:22 GMT (UK) »
That is good news the babies are both home, 'spect i have mentioned it before but I am a twin, we were in hospital till we were about  6 weeks  and here I'm with a pension and bus pass ,    5lb  at birth  my brother was a bit heavier , I am  5ft 8 and my brother 6ft 2 ins, my friend a single child was 10 lb at birth and is about 5ft 2, you could have two tall girls you can't guess from their birth weights 

Hope you have many twang  and twizzle  times.

Yesterday I saw 2 beautiful girls, probably about 3 or 4, twins, of course I had to talk to them and their mother, can't help myself !!

Louisa Maud

Thank you, Louisa Maud, and those of you who have commented.   The twins were born prematurely at 32 weeks on 1st December - Macy was 3lb.1oz, Darcy a few ounces less.   Macy home a week ago and Darcy today.  Both still under 5lbs! 

Attached photo was taken today (14th).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 14 January 21 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Yes, good news about the babies.
Thanks for the photograph.
That’ll be Shetland Ponies then!

I am a coward in some ways and as you may have read I want a great big daft funeral ,so I hope I get that ,that means I must be careful until THIS is over,but my sense tells me we have a very long way to go.
I truly cannot understand the loopholes in the recommendations

Never was a truer word spoken than that I need some retail therapy!

My grandma had twins,two of her daughters had twins and I lost a non identical twin at three months into the pregnancy,but did not know ,my lovely Dr, Judged I would have been so  upset  might lose the remaining one .
She is my super daughter, but I wonder often about the other,must have been a boy or at least not an identical girl.
I used to think that somewhere in the world there was another me - you know someone who understood me!
That would be when my mother was unsympathetic ,like when I bought some stabbing high heeled shoes ,and came home with them in my hands ,my very slim feet ( double A ) slipped forward and oooooooh!
The agony, “ serves you right “ is not very comforting ,so somewhere a twin or I was adopted!
No walk today, so wet,when I think  nothing stopped me when I had the dog .
No idea what to have for tea, Welsh rarebit for lunch ,and got some nice ham,
I think a healthy salad ,ham ———- and maybe chips. :-[

As we went to our Civic Hall for my vaccination, there were signs directing people to a Covud19 Testing Station.
Surprising that the vaccination  only gives five months protection ,now is  that  after only one or  the full two,?information is really confusing .

I have decided, no chips, but a hard boiled egg ,not a chukkie egg ,thst us sift boiled ,chopped up with butter and s&p.
Hope everyone is well, and keeps  well ,is getting good sleep and keeping their spirits up.
Lovely to have your news .
Viktoria.
Do you think I am addicted to my iPad? ::)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 14 January 21 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Bless them,  lovely picture

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 January 21 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroline,
Re: our ex Pastor, I don't know why he has left but I know he has two adult children living with their families in his new area.  So I wonder if covid is part of the reason - because they can't travel as freely as before to see each other?  This Pastor has been a success at our Church for many years so I wonder at the idea that it has just been decided to move him now, - if that is why he has gone. 
Our Church has been closed these past months and is only operated by zoom and people keeping connected to one another.  I am told (and know) that we have a strong leadership team who will get us through until a new pastor comes along.  I am sure that whoever it is will have all our support - I think they will need it as they will have big boots to fill after the last one.  Looking back at my former research the WW1 pastor went to York - perhaps he moved due to having been so successful in Tyneside.

Glad to hear Baby Darcy is home Annette!  Aah! too bad they wouldn't give you a lolly Viktoria!...  I must break off now as I am on a block of nightshifts starting from tonight so have to get ready now.  Uggh! Not looking forward to setting out in the pouring rain!😕

Take care, everyone!  🌈
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner