Author Topic: A little good news  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A little good news
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 January 21 13:48 GMT (UK) »
I didn't want to start a new thread,  This is to show how very lucky we are up here:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/31/industralised-vaccine-behind-scenes-at-newcastle-covid-operation

(We were in on a Pfizer day!)

Add - we went  2 weeks ago and it didn't feel busy at all - we parked easily and didn't have to queue. We were out in 25 mins including the 15 mins post vac.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 January 21 16:42 GMT (UK) »
It has been equally good here.  The 3 combined surgeries in my town started vaccinating, with the Pfizer vaccine,in December and by the first week in January had vaccinated 20 care homes and all the staff plus all the GP staff, medical and secretarial who were in contact with patients, and when I had my vaccine on 14 January they were just finishing vaccinating all the other 80+ year olds in the town - over 3000 of us.

My husband being slightly younger but still 75+ had an invitation from the nearest mass vaccination centre, he booked on line for a week later and off he went.  He said there was no waiting - apart from 10 minutes after the vaccine as he was driving.

I think we should all be very grateful that the vaccine is being rolled out so promptly in the UK.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 January 21 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Newcastle is a very large city, Lizzie  :)   I'm not yet 76 and had mine on 21st.

Add - it's known nationally for the quality of the medical provision and, if you remember, it took the first Covid patients from York.

We are truly lucky  :)

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 31 January 21 16:58 GMT (UK) »
 ;)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 February 21 15:15 GMT (UK) »
BBC News - Past Covid-19 infection may provide 'months of immunity'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55651518

My daughter's partner had Covid in March.  He's had 2 antibody tests since, the last one just before Christmas and he still had antibodies, so it seems the immunity lasts much longer than first thought.  One of my granddaughters tested positive for Covid at Uni in Edinburgh around last October.  She was only ill for a couple of days.  Her housemates (10 of them!) all tested negative, as did her boyfriend and all his housemates.  Whether she has antibodies I don't know as she hasn't had a test to find out.  Where my daughter and her partner live the health authority seems to be asking people to test at random for either antibodies or Covid.  My daughter has been asked to have random Covid tests twice and so far both negative.

Yes, the BBC item said that some persons acquire antibodies naturally.
 ----------
Although, some people have suffered Guillain-Barré ; Inflammation / Rash, after-effects and other serious problems due to being infected with Covid-19.
 ----------
Professor Luke O'Neill was on the Alex Salmond show yesterday and went on to suggest that the majority of recovered NHS Clinicians and Staff are claimed to have antibodies.

See also Siren Study.

Natural herd immunity can be a dangerous or very unpleasant way of achieving antibodies for some.

Mark